Looks like another shitty review will be coming out soon...

What's Hot
HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
edited June 2014 in FX

Comments

• alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 363
    Well I was going to buy that but now i feel like you will be laughing at me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    edited June 2014
    What's the story with this guy?
    I appreciate his passion, taking the time to do the reviews etc but at the same time I find all this weird in a way I can't describe.

Apart from this indescribable weirdness I don't think he is much different than most people who frequent forums like this one, myself included.
    Semi-pro, loves the music, the gear, can afford descent/ good stuff thinking that his experiences-opinions have some validity and may be helpful for others.. 

There's is this weirdness tho... But I could be weird to some too. But still... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    /\ according to his wife - he has a very small penis too...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
    His humour, music, taste, opinions and... approach are certainly opinion polarising.

I see he had a major bust up with the fractal forum folks a while back (though looking at the thread there seem to be a fair few bell ends there).

And stuff like this is gonna wind some people up:

"Well I guess if you are reading this then you might well be like me. I get absolutely sick to death of manufacturers, artists, magazines, reviewers, assholes, dickheads, bullshit, crap kit to review, useless overpriced rubbish, bad dealers, stupid guitar freaks that think they are going to be the next Hendrix/Vai/Satriani/Clapton/God, fools who don't know what day it is, YouTube idiots that don't even have their own page let alone music, politicians, government, tax offices, nandy pandy politically correct C*ck sucking leaches that spend public money in a stupid way, the lottery, ebay sellers who just take the money and run, guitar makers who make the same old shit over and over - the only thing that changes is the price upwards, road worn relic or other ill conceived excuses or ideas just to half finish the guitar cheaper and sell it for more, shit yes shit amp emulators of most kinds, magazine editors who think they are musicians (yuk) check them out, technical manuals that are not (pilots handbook), manuals that you cannot understand no matter how good you are (G-System), cheap shit stuff for the most overpriced i* something in the world, the internet where you get ripped off one way or another, guitar hero and all of those useless pieces of crap they come up with, brainless fools who can tell the difference of a type of battery in an effects pedal by listening to it, people who insist that point to point wiring is 'best' and sounds better, any manufacturer who rips off buyers in the UK because they can (and there really is many of those) hello mesa, guitar leads that claim they are 'better sounding' or have 'lifetime' warranties, amp makers that give 30 days warranty on tubes, doctors lawyers and criminals (thay are mainly the same thing), health and safety legislation (where is my ladder) and just about anything else remotely related to getting ripped off, sold crap or similar from the music business. Oh one last thing... I HATE making $10 for 500,000 plays of my music - no doubt you do too.."

But there's something about TMcK that I quite like. Maybe it's just his lack of any self consciousness / giving a shit. Just a bloke spending lots of money on nice gear doing what he wants with the added bonus of winding up lots of people on forums in the process.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Yeah me too
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111

But there's something about TMcK that I quite like. Maybe it's just his lack of any self consciousness / giving a shit. Just a bloke spending lots of money on nice gear doing what he wants with the added bonus of winding up lots of people on forums in the process.
    ...And a bloke who starts websites using the names of legitimate companies pretty much to promote himself. 

...and a bloke who complained in a review about his Diezel amp using 'no name transformers' (a bad thing to Tony) when he's totally unaware that Peter has two decades of winding experience and gets his transformers wound by his specs rather than getting something off the shelf...

...and a bloke who writes his own Wikipedia entry...

....and the sort of bloke who rips into "stupid guitar freaks that think they are going to be the next Hendrix/Vai/Satriani/Clapton" when his own musical output couldn't be worse if he'd fed a cow nothing but prunes all winter, set up a microphone near its arse, and recorded the results. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746

...And a bloke who starts websites using the names of legitimate companies pretty much to promote himself. 

...and a bloke who complained in a review about his Diezel amp using 'no name transformers' (a bad thing to Tony) when he's totally unaware that Peter has two decades of winding experience and gets his transformers wound by his specs rather than getting something off the shelf...

...and a bloke who writes his own Wikipedia entry...

....and the sort of bloke who rips into "stupid guitar freaks that think they are going to be the next Hendrix/Vai/Satriani/Clapton" when his own musical output couldn't be worse if he'd fed a cow nothing but prunes all winter, set up a microphone near its arse, and recorded the results. 

As I said, opinion polarising. That's not his own Wikipedia entry. It's a user profile.
    Oh well. Either way, he's a prick. 

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Essentially, its like watching your Dad review guitar gear. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PauloPaulo Frets: 65
    He had a go at the old forum for being rubbish players or something. Most were better than him it was pointed out. He is definitely the most annoying person on the Internet for lots of reasons.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I tried watching his review of some DV mark gear. I couldn't handle it, he started talking about his hat. He should give up.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I fucking loathe his inaccurate and shitty reviews.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I find him entertaining :)
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    I quite enjoy his reviews, the written ones at least. There's a huge amount amount of bias and unfairness about some of them, but I like it when he gets a brand new expensive toy out of its box and immediately takes it to bits to show you the insides. Having said that if I ever read theexpression "pigeon welding" again on one of his reviews it will be the last time I ever go back to his site! To be honest I think deep down we all have a tendency to be a bit of a Tony, and to me at least the Internet is a better place with him.
    edited June 2014
    ragingben said:
    I quite enjoy his reviews, the written ones at least. There's a huge amount amount of bias and unfairness about some of them, but I like it when he gets a brand new expensive toy out of its box and immediately takes it to bits to show you the insides. Having said that if I ever read theexpression "pigeon welding" again on one of his reviews it will be the last time I ever go back to his site! To be honest I think deep down we all have a tendency to be a bit of a Tony, and to me at least the Internet is a better place with him.
    To be honest if I have a limited knowledge of a product, the way it is constructed, and how to operate it, I tend to shut my mouth and keep away from video cameras.

Si_ said:
    I find him entertaining :)
    54% of UKIP voters say the same about Farage... 

Farage at least doesn't play shit instrumental rock. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    This is brilliant why haven't I heard of him before! hahah