Heads up on a bargain- Relic Strat neck

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30867

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    I bet Fender are kicking themselves for missing out on that tuner layout for the Fender XII, looks much better than the old hockey stick...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Jesus... what did they use to bore those holes? A spoon?

Shame, these are actually pretty good necks...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Actually - looking at who the vendor is... anything is possible
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    OK, so the holes are badly cut but the invincible repair work is simply top notch.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30867
    edited June 2014
    He's not claiming it's 'prefect'. OK?

It's all explained in the Q and A.

Please take that neck down, it's dangerous and you trying to pass it off as someone else's mistake when it was clearly your doing (selling banjo tuners as well) these are average necks when working and with you trying to make nearly £60 from a bodge job that you failed at is disgusting, if someone buys that and hurts them selves when it DOES break you will be to blame..... Shocking! You should be ashamed 15-Jun-14
    A:  I like it! You have an excellent sense of the absurd... "you will be responsible when someone gets hurt" you should be writing scripts for Hollywood! You are right about one thing though: yes the banjo tuners were once on this neck, though a few years before I bought it... yet so clearly my own mistake? Well I have made plenty of mistakes in my time but by chance this was not one of them. More to the point is that it is an excellent neck despite a few holes, and described in great detail and photographed from every conceivable angle... but clearly you feel people don't have the intelligence to decide for themselves? Thanks for presenting your novel take on things! Mark.................

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    When I was a kid you had the people from the local loony bin making wicker baskets and selling them, I guess things got a bit more creative now.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9578
    I've said this before, but nobody on The Fretboard will ever believe that he bought the neck in that state. There just can't be two people like that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30867
    One day, thankfully, Black and Decker will issue a recall notice on his drill......

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Lol that's my comment, you posted! :-) I offered him 99p or a tenner if he video's him. Burning the neck...... I didn't get a response!
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Ffs...........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    I was about to say that it was 'sausage' finger licking good and when I saw the seller's username I almost fell off my chair.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Haha, I'm a bit obsessed with this guy, can't resist having a browse as to what he's selling every now and again.

The descriptions make great reading. I'm pretty sure he could come out any time as a genius, who's just making up the auctions as a kind of satire. The problem is, people buy his stuff and leave good feedback. Go figure.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    What a plonker.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    4114Effects;275963" said:
    Haha, I'm a bit obsessed with this guy, can't resist having a browse as to what he's selling every now and again.

The descriptions make great reading. I'm pretty sure he could come out any time as a genius, who's just making up the auctions as a kind of satire. The problem is, people buy his stuff and leave good feedback. Go figure.
    When he turned up on here to defend his ummmm, unusual workmanship, he didn't come across as any sort of genius. Just a sadly deluded, stubborn and incredibly arrogant cock.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Looks like a massive tool has done that to the neck.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    tFB Trader
    boogieman said:
    4114Effects;275963" said:

When he turned up on here to defend his ummmm, unusual workmanship, he didn't come across as any sort of genius. Just a sadly deluded, stubborn and incredibly arrogant cock.
    Yeah, I seem to recall seeing a bit of that thread. I guess anyone who shoehorns tele bridge pickups into a neck slot, or uses phrases like "angled for greater harmonic catchment" and "a modicum of neck relief" is likely to be a little unhinged ...
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    If he was just a harmless bodger working in a shed churning out weird and wonderful guitars for his own amusement, I think people would just grin and wish him good luck. But when he tries to sell his badly done bastardised piles of crap to unsuspecting noobs as some sort of holy grail of learner's guitar, he's nothing more than a con man IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Bloody hell, didn't realise it was him! That's a proper bodge even I would be ashamed of! Clearly the bit on the heel was cutaway to fit a slimmer neck pocket. Wonder which body he tried it on?
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    boogieman;276001" said:
    If he was just a harmless bodger working in a shed churning out weird and wonderful guitars for his own amusement, I think people would just grin and wish him good luck. But when he tries to sell his badly done bastardised piles of crap to unsuspecting noobs as some sort of holy grail of learner's guitar, he's nothing more than a con man IMO.

He doesn't try to sell, he sells!!! Illustrates what a weird old world it is tho doesn't it?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    tFB Trader
    I like the fact that the neck is "Highly Glazed" like it's a doughnut or something ... 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom