NBD... Fameeeee!

Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Fame Baphomet 4 MTB. EMG pickups, active EQ. Was playable out of the box. Feels *very* nice and sonically superior to my now "old" bass, the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz.

No intonation problems. No fretbuzz. Very comfortable.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    Where did you get it from?

Looks pretty!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    It's the wrong way around.

(just cos I know you love people making that comment).
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I got it from Digital Village, as they're the only shop with them here in the UK from what I could see.

Little demo:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dgk4ys58ux82h3/HeyPresto.mp3
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    Nice. I've always wondered what these Fames are like, they're made in Poland aren't they? (at least the dearer ones)

That looks very nice. :)
    They're made by Mayones for Music Store:
    http://musicstore.com/

Actually it arrived in a Music Store box. So I'm guessing Digital Village bought some stock off them. It's a very nice bass, and plays nicer than every other single bass I've owned. Mainly because they've all been low-end pieces of shit.

I don't feel I cheaped out by going for this over a new Stingray, which is what I was about to do when I found this. It's a lovely bass to play!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Damn, I thought you were going to go for that spalted maple (or whatever it was) Zon with the graphite neck…

Nice, anyway! And it's called a 'Baphomet', which is suitably dark ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

I'd already thrown cash down for this when Fret posted those links :)

No regrets, this is definitely a keeper!
  • Cor that's well pretty for a dark bass.

Good work :)
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    octatonic said:
    It's the wrong way around.

Fortunately so is Drew.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    Yup.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Very nice looking bass you've got there Drew.  Mayones make brilliant guitars, seriously on the GAS list.  Enjoy   :)

Drew_fx said:
    They're made by Mayones for Music Store:
    http://musicstore.com/

Actually it arrived in a Music Store box. So I'm guessing Digital Village bought some stock off them. It's a very nice bass, and plays nicer than every other single bass I've owned. Mainly because they've all been low-end pieces of shit.

I don't feel I cheaped out by going for this over a new Stingray, which is what I was about to do when I found this. It's a lovely bass to play!
    Thanks. :) Yeah I've heard rumours they're made by Mayones- was never sure if it was true or not.

MusicStore bought DV247 a while back there, when they went into administration.
    Dave_Mc said:
    Thanks. :) Yeah I've heard rumours they're made by Mayones- was never sure if it was true or not.

Yeah it's pretty common knowledge nowadays. Music Store even confirmed it for me a while back when I had one of their guitars.

This I was unaware of! I knew someone bought them, but didn't know it was Music Store.
    Drew_fx said:
    Dave_Mc said:

(a) Yeah it's pretty common knowledge nowadays. Music Store even confirmed it for me a while back when I had one of their guitars.

(b) This I was unaware of! I knew someone bought them, but didn't know it was Music Store.
    (a) Thanks :)

(b) Yeah I think there was a thread about it a while back. Can't remember if it was on here or on MusicRadar.