New Jan Akkerman signature guitar and amp

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Don't what ever you do watch the Youtube clip of Marillion murdering Hocus Pocus. 

No I'm serious.

Don't.

Its awful
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Fretwired said:
    The original incarnation of his LP Personal with the replaced pickups (not the Gretsch one tho) and new maple top. 
    @ChrisMusic Technically it's incarnation number three ... [geek mode] .. the first one is above [standard with all the electronics]. The second is below minus the electronics, new top but original pickups ...

Geek hat on >

Thanks for the extra info Fretwired, fascinating insights as always.  I think he has changed those pickups though, in the video you posted they have pole pieces, single coils, so maybe P90s or custom wound ?  The original Gibson** low impedance ones are just a mono-block cover with Gibson "engraved" in it, and epoxy potted so I would be surprised if you could remove the covers anyway.  I wonder what he did there ?  Definitely stripped the electronics out, I can see why he would want to replace the top.

I know it was used in the Black Beauty, but did the Gretsch pickup get put into his Personal ?

**Right at the start of the video he is playing the original LP Personal, as Gibson intended I presume. (with thanks to Fretwired for the video, a nice personal view of the early days, and some fairly standard footage from "Auntie Beeb", but what is that bland Focus with Philip Catherine performance doing in the middle of the video?)

Duration 1 hour 16 mins

edited June 2014
    Just thought I would pop a couple of links in here:

Brandin Guitars FB page

Q Guitars
    looks like the site is mostly under construction as at 30 June 2014
    There is more info in the other language versions of the site.

And here is a bit of  ~  da blooze

Ruben Hoeke playing his Brandin JA Personal II  ~  nice playing

Who ever thought "Personal" is a good name for a guitar ?     ( personal services connotations ??? )
    It was naff coming from Gibson, and it still is IMO, nice guitar though.

Duration 11 mins

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    And here is a bit of  ~  da blooze

Ruben Hoeke playing his Brandin JA Personal II  ~  nice playing

Who ever thought "Personal" is a good name for a guitar ?     ( personal services connotations ??? )
    It was naff coming from Gibson, and it still is IMO, nice guitar though.

Duration 11 mins
    It was called a Les Paul Personal as it was based on Les Paul's actual guitar at the time .. the same goes for Jan.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm, that is true,   but still a bit of a branding blooper in my book,   just saying...       :)

Hmmm, that is true,   but still a bit of a branding blooper in my book,   just saying...       :)
    They're just based on the 'personal' guitars of two great players .. can't really see the problem to be honest.

Well Fretwired, it's not enough to put me off either the original Gibsons or JA new sig.

I am almost tempted enough to eMail them and see if they have any "prototypes" left.

Hmmm, another dilemma, isn't life just full of them   ;)

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Dude was a badass. 

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrandinGuitarsBrandinGuitars Frets: 2
    edited October 2014
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014
    Here y'go

Welcome to the FretBoard.
    This is how I did yours, control click image in Facebook and copy image address, past into page (comment), it seems OK with your hosting service.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @BrandinGuitars .. welcome to the forum .. where can you buy them from?

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader

If your into Focus then have a look at the link below. Focus are playing there in November also if your into Roger Dean he did the art work for YES songs and a lot more he has a exhibition on there at the moment.

http://www.tradingboundaries.com

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• Thanks for the welcome !
    For info on the Brandin Jan Akkerman guitars , send an email to : peter@qguitars.nl . Brandin Guitars is a brand from Qguitars. Everything will be on there shortly . www.brandin.guitars or www.qguitars.nl 
    We are working on the first 23 production as we speak ! This is a limited run from 100 pieces alll handsigned by Jan . So check it out  ! ! Thx . Peter
  • Test :