Have Devi gone bust?

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458
    Do you know anyone who has been paid back by her? 

Someone who accepts money and spunks it away producing shit all is not 'too honest'. 
    From everything I've read she strikes me as less dishonest, more bad at running a business and overall really quite sheepish as to how badly she screwed it up.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521

Without trying to drag this into a larger issue (or Billy Corganesque territory),  the principle of using Kickstarter annoyed.me.  It wasn't just Kickstarter she had going but a simultaneous one for her sex change, although she only raised $2,844 of the $36,000 goal.  Still though that is £43,736 that she made off the back of people's generous backing.  I consider Kickstarter a great opportunity for new small business concepts, not for businesses to fund new products risk free.  She was already well established, had plenty of publicity and a range of existing products.  I think both her approach and subsequent behaviour is damaging to Kickstarter style funding.  I know people will always say that Kickstarter is not a guaranteed investment, but I consider there to be a massive difference between someone working their arse off but the idea failing compared to raising over twice your funding goal and then just saying you spunked the money because "I gotta live!".

The final twist is I would happily bet that she'll be back on some funding website once she gets her 8 bit games on the roll.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    Do you know anyone who has been paid back by her? 

Someone who accepts money and spunks it away producing shit all is not 'too honest'. 
    From everything I've read she strikes me as less dishonest, more bad at running a business and overall really quite sheepish as to how badly she screwed it up.
    I've read so much of Devi's bullshit over the years that I don't believe a word she says. The number of times she'd have a hissy fit at HCFX, shoot her mouth off, declare she was finished, and then return back a few months later. The same Devi who railed at PGS about their business ethics....

Devi giving ethical advice. Giggle. 

It's a thin line between dishonesty and bad business practice. 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    there's a thin line between dishonesty and good business practice.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 374
    She appears to have a Patreon going for something: www.patreon.com/deviever 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    She's the Phil Fish of guitar pedals.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521

I know I said it would happen, but still can't quite believe it!!!!    :-O

Anyone here wanna make a monthly contribution towards my beer fund ideas?

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    That is way too many plot points for a computer game. She's not making bloody Bioshock here!!
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Jesus Christ. Maybe I should open one of these things. Support Juan in his attempts not to return to the tedium and monotony of the IT profession to build a pedal empire! Send money and I promise I won't use it to fund another couple of sets of wheels for the race car. Honest...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PLEASE FUND ME WHILST I MAY DEVELOP A SHITTY GAME. 

@digitalscream Still think she's sheepish about begging? 

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458

@digitalscream Still think she's sheepish about begging? 

I didn't say she was sheepish about begging, just about the fact that she fucked it into a cocked had and had to eat crow in public.
    <space for hire>

The choice quote:

"Such anxiety about the idea of getting a day job that I...I, uh...yeah, it's been hard. I've been suicidal, I've been like there's no way I can do a day job because I don't want to fuckin' do a day job, I wanna make video games". 

Good news about the sex cams though. It's about time other pedal builders did likewise and I for one want to see Pete Cornish jacking off online. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jesus....
    If it sounds like I'm attacking Devi, then I'm sorry. I actually feel sorry for her as it seems like she has a ton of issues going on emotionally. I just don't like what she did with Kickstarter and now appears to be doing elsewhere. 

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Same shit, different industry!
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025

Good news about the sex cams though. It's about time other pedal builders did likewise and I for one want to see Pete Cornish jacking off online. 
    It appears I have missed something here... *cue eastenders drum fill*
    joeyowen said:

@joeyowen After the Kickstarter debacle, Devi sold the effects business, got some money in that way, and according to her podcast earns $100 a day doing sex cam work. 

joeyowen said:

@joeyowen After the Kickstarter debacle, Devi sold the effects business, got some money in that way, and according to her podcast earns $100 a day doing sex cam work. 

*shudder*

Skin crawl moment.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    What the actual fuck....

Guess I'm in the wrong job
    @Drew_fx It's OK, you don't see anything. All covered over with goop and black insulation tape. 

15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom