The One Make Pedalboard

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
edited June 2014 in FX tFB Trader
I know this has been done before, but not for a while. 

So here it is, if you had to use a one make pedalboard who's would it be and what would be on it?

I'm going to exclude the power supply, board and tuner so you don't need to worry about those just the FX and I'm also ruling out multifx, it's just stomp boxes.

It's not as easy as it sounds. 

I have Wah -> Comp -> OD -> OD -> Dist -> Trem -> Verb -> Delay

Boss - All the pedals are there, but I've never been that inspired by them.

TC - No comp, trem, or wah makes it a deal breaker.

Hardwire - No comp, or wah and I wasn't mad on the dist

Fulltone - No comp, reverb, or delay

Wampler actually have all the pedals, but I've never really felt they were worth the money.

Suhr don't have wah, verb, or delay, however: Koji -> Shiba -> Riot -> Rufus -> Jack Rabbit would be a hell of a board.

MXR Have discontinued their trem and don't have a reverb (and I've never liked their compressors).

Strymon - Don't do drive boxes.

EHX always a bit worried about reliability, but they have all the pedals although many of them I'm not fond of.

Mad Prof - Are I think the unlikely winner  - Snow White Wah -> Forrest Green Compressor -> Sweet Honey -> Little Green Wonder -> MIghty Red -> Mellow Yellow -> Deep Blue -> Silver Spring

What would be your pick?

EDIT: Carl Martin also a good pick.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Easy win for Mad Professor for me.

I go Phaser > fuzzy high gain > low gain > mid gain > delay > trem

MP do quality, respected version of all of these, in fact I use two of their pedals for fuzzy high gain and mid gain as my top choice anyhow and could easily use the sweet honey for low gain along with their delay, phase and trem and live happily ever after.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    I would go Boss, but I love Morley wahs and hated the V-Wah... I'd probably ditch the wah altogether and go Boss.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Ive had a full Dr scientist board a couple of times.
    Awesome pedals!
  • Probably have to be ibanez or boss, maybe mxr but I'd take reliability as higher priority.

So... Weeping demon - tone lok ts7 - lf7 - cf7 - de7.

That gives me wah, tubescreamer, lo fi distortion (I'd use it for at least one song intro), chorus/flanger and a decent sounding delay.

I might add a ds-7 in there for distortion but I use amp distortion mostly.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Would Dunlop and MXR count as the same maker?

If so

Crybaby - Distortion3 - Micro chorus - Phase 90 - amp

would do for me

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    mike_l;278782" said:
    Would Dunlop and MXR count as the same maker?

If so

Crybaby - Distortion3 - Micro chorus - Phase 90 - amp

would do for me
    I was thinking no but the cae wah is mxr branded

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Isn't this basically the pedalboard anti-christ??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Had too have a bit of a think about this... I'd have to go Boss as I  currently use a few of theirs that I wouldn't want to replace, sooo...

... AW-2 Auto Wah, CS-1 Comp, DS-1 Distortion, FW-3 Wah, SD-1 OD, PH-2 Phaser, PN-2 Trem, CE-2 Chorus, BF-2 Flanger, DM-3 Analogue Delay, LS-2 Line Selector, TR-2 trem and RE20 Space Echo

The BF-2 wouldn't be my ideal flanger, but it'd do. And the CE-2 isn't as good as my Ibanez BC9, but y'know.
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    I would go Strymon - Timeline and a Bluesky, maybe a Flint as well, and get drive from the amp!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Diamond

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337

The nova modulator has a trem on it ;-)
    They did have a vintage compressor too but it appears it is discontinued, 

I would probably go all Mr Black or Earthquaker Devices for my own board if I was going for one brand

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    meltedbuzzbox;278852" said:
    monquixote said:

The nova modulator has a trem on it ;-)They did have a vintage compressor too but it appears it is discontinued, 

I would probably go all Mr Black or Earthquaker Devices for my own board if I was going for one brand
    It's both a multi and bloody awful live

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    it is awful live but much like a DD-7 or a phase shifter or some digitech pedal it has multiple settings for various sounds but its operation is one button ala stompie.

I know what you are saying but technically a lot of pedals that are stomp boxes are multis in a stompie box etc
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Boss and live without the wah.

But in reality I mix and match.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Earthquaker Devices...and i think they put out an auto wah?
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    GIJoe said:
    I would go Strymon - Timeline and a Bluesky, maybe a Flint as well, and get drive from the amp!
    Maybe a mobius too!

If you aren't allowed amp drive, then probs line6 from me... drives aren't great but the dl4 etc are a great series.  Or an m13
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    Moog.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71962
    Boss.

Or DOD. I did actually have an all-DOD board back in the late 80s when I worked for a shop that sold them - got them all at trade prices. Even the wah wasn't bad, although it's certainly very untraditional.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Oh!  Pete Cornish would probably cover all your bases!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Oh, come on... it's got to be Behringer all the way ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"