The One Make Pedalboard

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    Strymon - Timeline and Mobius.

All my dirt comes from my amp, so that would pretty much solve all my issues (except budget).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited June 2014
    GIJoe;279173" said:
    Oh!  Pete Cornish would probably cover all your bases!
    equalsql;279182" said:
    Oh, come on... it's got to be Behringer all the way ;)
    haha couldn't be more different
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26971
    I'd have to go Boss.

It's the only company I can think of with really good delay with tap tempo that also has non-shitty OD and Distortion.

Maybe Visual Sound?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Thinking about this more trex are another good pick
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4700
    pmg said:
    Diamond

Me too, I've just got a Memory Lane Junior and it is ace, could quite happily build a board around it. I use tap tempo a lot so that rules out a lot of companies who don't do tap delays.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    I'd have to go Boss.

It's the only company I can think of with really good delay with tap tempo that also has non-shitty OD and Distortion.

Maybe Visual Sound?
    Digitech?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26971
    edited June 2014
    ICBM said:
    I'd have to go Boss.

Maybe Visual Sound?
    Digitech?
    I thought of them but they don't have much reputation for delays, unless I've forgotten something obvious? A pedalboard based around a Whammy and Bad Monkey could be fun :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    /\ Digidelay's a solid multifunction delay. The reviews of the Hardwire model are good and if I were ever to upgrade that'd be on my list of things to try.
    edited June 2014
    ICBM said:
    Digitech?
    I thought of them but they don't have much reputation for delays, unless I've forgotten something obvious?
    The Digidelay is a Boss DD-7 competitor - it sounds OK to me. I just read something about the poor tap tempo implementation though. (I wouldn't have noticed since I don't use it.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM;279789" said:
    stickyfiddle said:

ICBM said:

Digitech?

I thought of them but they don't have much reputation for delays, unless I've forgotten something obvious?

The Digidelay is a Boss DD-7 competitor - it sounds OK to me. I just read something about the poor tap tempo implementation though. (I wouldn't have noticed since I don't use it.)
    It is a shame they don't do a dual digidelay - the sounds are great, but a separate tap tempo would be ace.

Tap tempo works fine on all modes, but you are either in tap mode or out. So if in and you need to switch it off, you need to hold it down for a few seconds. Real shame, but then again, it's bloody cheap!

The Hardwire is even better, and has a 20 second looper on it.

Have you used the Digitech grunge? It's been years, but I remember thinking it was good fun and sounded nice... Wpuld be interested to know what it's based on.
    Have you used the Digitech grunge? It's been years, but I remember thinking it was good fun and sounded nice... Wpuld be interested to know what it's based on.
    From memory it's pretty much the same as the DOD Grunge, but not really like anything else.

It scared my cat :).

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    It's a super aggressive Distortion with very little subtlety. It doesn't seem to matter what you do with the gain knob or the guitars volume it pretty much always sounds the same. 

It's OK for what it does and considering the price, but it's definately a one trick pony.

It's badly named because it's much better as a metal pedal, but I think a lot of metal guys would rather shoot themselves than touch something called Grunge in the 90's
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I'd go Boss & have the Distortion & Overdrive modded
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Catalinbread, because I don't need tap tempo. (If I did, I suspect I would work around it by either marking the rate knob for certain songs and using a muted strum to cue the drummer, or getting the drummer and bass to start the beat and then "tune in" the rate, or just having a different delay pedal for each song.)

Manx Loaghtan > Karma Suture Fuzz > Belle Epoch > Montavillian > Pareidolia > Topanga > All of the foundation drives (I was going to try and pick one, but lol. ^_^)

I do love my Musket Fuzz, but I'm sure I would love the Manx just as hard if I had to make the switch.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    Dunno. I'm tempted to say Boss or Digitech.

Or maybe one of the boutique guys who make clones of the sought-after pedals I like- not because they're necessarily better because they're boutique but because I can pretty much get what I like. Though I suspect that's sort of cheating and not really in the spirit of the game. Even MXR and EHX these days do the odd clone (or cloneish), but again maybe that's cheating. Even Digitech and Boss might be getting close to cheating with a few models... :))
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I forgot ZVEX

some of it might not be conventional but they seem to cover most things, 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Tech 21 would cover most things if you bought used as well. They did a wah, they did a compressor, of sorts the Comptortion. They do plenty of ODs, delay, reverb, chorus, rotary, fuzz. Need a large board and plenty of cash though.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    My pedalboard is all line 6!
  • Jacques (www.ts808.com)?

Trinity > Fat Burner > Overtube >Overtube>Mercer Box>Meistersinger>Prisoner?

The Overtube is a cool pedal... owned two and had them cascading ala SRV... MIGHT have been overkill as they have a cascade circuit (basically 2 ts-808/ts9 pedals in one box). Meistersinger was an awesome chorus pedal. Only one I haven't owned was the Mercer Box.

• littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited June 2014
    You can get the older tc electronic vintage series pedals (T-REX clones) for compressor and tremolo, but yes, no luck on the wah front. But if you had to have everything, carl martin and T-rex would do you right.