Boss DS-1 Keeley Mod

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
I was thinking of buying one of these as I quite like the block Marshall sound, I'm just unsure as to buy a Keeley one or go cheap & get one of the numerous clones on eBay.

I already have a Keeley Clone SD-1 that's just used as a boost for solo's. But never compared it to an "official one".
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10691
    Get it.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    I got the Keeley modded pedal. I really like. I think I paid a massive £51 off ebay so it's worth keeping an eye out for one.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Was yours official or a Clone Sid
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I would rather have someone gauge out my eyeballs with a spoon and piss in my eye sockets than own a Boss DS-1

Unless the Keeley is a huge improvement I would recommend you look else where. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    It is, I have heard one. There surprisingly good. I mean contextually the DS1 has been on some big albums in the past. So people have used them.

There less fizzy & with more low end when modded.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    jeztone2 said:
    Was yours official or a Clone Sid
    No, it's a Keeley modded DS1. I think they retail for around £119 so it's worth looking on ebay for a potential bargain. I put mine in front of a Marshall JCM 800. I use the low input on the amp then use pedals  for drive. Mainly I use a Fulltone OCD which sounds fantastic then the DS1 when I need a bit more dirt.