Best amp covers?

What's Hot
MattGMattG Frets: 170
edited June 2014 in Amps
Hey guys i've just put a deposit down on a new amp and its something a little special i was wondering if anyone has any experiences of or preferences about which are best?
i was looking at:

roqsolid
hot covers
amplifier covers
studio slips
D2F
and Tuki

any experiances and knowledge would be appreciated, thank guys :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Hot Covers.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    @monquixote i was hoping for something that covers the whole amp including the bottom
    in fact on second thoughts flightcase isn't such a bad idea....
    any good places to go for flightcases?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Hot Covers are a padded slip cover. 

You probably want flightcase warehouse in that case. 
    sorry by cover i meant more this kind of thing
    http://www.studioslips.com/clamshell.php

okay i shall give them a look thanks :)
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Roqsolid.

Every time.

Theirs is a slipon cover with an optional "nappy flap" that goes under the amp and velcros onto the other side.

For flight cases, I quite like the Thon product from thomann.de
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    I have Roqsolid covers, very happy with them… ordered them very recently, quick turnaround, great.

Flightcase Warehouse are brilliant, used them a few years ago. Great cases and their service was fabulous!

• TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    +1 for Roqsolid
    We are all Chameleons...
    i'm not keen on roqsolid as they don't completely cover the bottom of the amp
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    If you're worried about the bottom you need a flightcase. A cover is just that, a *cover*. Keeps the dust off, protects against minor scuffs when you're carrying it, no more than that.

Flightcases also have the big advantage that you can use them as amp stands, and also sit on them when they're not on the amp… I accidentally tried that with my Hotcovers cover and discovered that you can't :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    Hot Covers, by a mile.

Contact them by email, point them to this thread and I reckon you might be lucky and find there's a discount code to be had :D
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    Studio Slips.... Not cheap, but amazingly made, great protection. Ive ordered 3 previously from Susan at SS...
    @wazmeister the studio slips look brilliant how much do they come to after import costs?
    @loosemoose hot covers seem pretty decent i'll drop them a message thanks for the heads up :)
    @ICBM the main thing is to stop the tolex getting snagged or caught on stuff as thats what normally happens with my amps
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    They average about £100, plus any duty you may have to pay (usually about £30). But they do come double padded and superbly fitted.
    yeah problem with studio slips is that i'll be paying about £300 :/
    plus P&P
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    MattG said:
    @ICBM the main thing is to stop the tolex getting snagged or caught on stuff as thats what normally happens with my amps
    In that case ( ;) ) you just need a flightcase. Even the covers with a flap on the bottom (which are a pain in the arse :) ) don't fully protect the bottom edges, especially near the corners where you have to have spaces for the feet.

A lightweight - rather than full-flight-spec - flightcase isn't that heavy and really does protect the amp a lot better, as well as being a good stand. You can still get switches or knobs broken through a cover, but not through a case. Flightcase Warehouse do a pretty good combination of light weight and decent strength.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

edited June 2014
    hmm possibly i'll have abetter look when i have the amp but i'm just narrowing down the field a little for now