Worst covers

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Slayer  Born to be wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=45HzHJ8MozY

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Pearl Jam "Last Kiss", I won't subject anyone here to a link.  What were they thinking?  Disclaimer: I realize that they do play and sing competently throughout and the recording quality is great but why THAT song? 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Pearl Jam "Last Kiss", I won't subject anyone here to a link.  What were they thinking?  Disclaimer: I realize that they do play and sing competently throughout and the recording quality is great but why THAT song? 
    I fucking love that! Ditto GnR's Since I Don't Have You

I thought we'd be saying things like Girls Aloud doing Walk This Way and Will Young doing Light My Fire... must admit Slayer sound sodding awful there though
    All practice and no theory
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb

Not just because I can't stand the band, or that it's in some way "disrespectful", but because they just murder the song and don't seem to have a clue what it means, or even attempt to get the words right.

Amy Winehouse - Valerie

OK, everything Mark Ronson has anything to do with is crap - but this one really takes the biscuit for being delivered with zero feel for the song, especially as it's a man's song about a woman, so why is she singing it? Maybe she was just too out of it to notice at this point (RIP).

Cowboy Junkies - Powderfinger

One of my favourite bands doing a cover of one of my favourite songs by one of my favourite artists ever… and it's just dreadful. Painful, even.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    U2- All Along the Watchtower. 

Just U2 at their absolute worst. Bono doing his 'shouty man' bit, The Edge not really playing with any feel, Adam Clayton plodding about playing the same simpleton bass line over and over and over.... and Larry Mullen who I think is normally a superb drummer banging a straight up beat more appropriate to prisoners of war being marched off to camp. 

U2- Helter Skelter: 

"This is a song Charles Manson stole from the Beatles", announces Shouty Man, who adds for good measure that "we're stealing it back," thus proving (as if proof were needed) that two wrongs do not make a right. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    mike_l said:

Slayer  Born to be wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=45HzHJ8MozY

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO

Its hard to know what that would sound like if there were actually some stringed instruments in the mix
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited June 2014
    This:

Not even Branford Marsalis's solo can save it....
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    Paul Young's "Don't Dream It's Over" - Mullered!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited June 2014
    Rod Stewart did a VERY ill-advised version of "All Right Now". With his voice he could have done a decent job but instead he did a 1980s synth-led version. Absolutely and utterly appalling. 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17601
    tFB Trader
    Everything off this album:

http://www.tecnosegura.net/alone/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/kevin.jpg

Often considered the worst album in history.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    I just remembered this:

Truly awful - not helped by the fact that I love the original....
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @Monquixote ; including the cover.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    dafuzz said:

I thought we'd be saying things like Girls Aloud doing Walk This Way and Will Young doing Light My Fire... must admit Slayer sound sodding awful there though
    Alright, in that vain we have the band "Killdozer".  A music reviewer once wrote "when Killdozer covers a song it's usually with 6 feet of dirt".  Here's one now, it really gets ugly at the 30 second mark when the, uh, "vocals" kick in.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    ICBM said:
    Amy Winehouse - Valerie

Wholeheartedly agreed. Just gets on my tits.

And it's annoying that it seems to be more widely known than the Zutons' original, which shits all over it from a great height.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Deep Purple - Hush
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Alright, in that vain we have the band "Killdozer".  A music reviewer once wrote "when Killdozer covers a song it's usually with 6 feet of dirt".  Here's one now, it really gets ugly at the 30 second mark when the, uh, "vocals" kick in.

Shit that's bad.

• LevLev Frets: 228

It's hard to believe it could be the worst album in history when the cover promises so much.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rod Stewart did a VERY ill-advised version of "All Right Now". With his voice he could have done a decent job but instead he did a 1980s synth-led version. Absolutely and utterly appalling. 

Rod Stewart crosses Miami Vice and Free

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368

I get it now Come on Eileen was semi autobiographical, he was Eileen which means....no pass the brain bleach.

He looked like a mash up of Kid Creole (sans coconuts) and Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot from curiosity killed the cat in a recent photo.

Then there is this.

Shudders.

And yes the album is rank.