HOF vs HOF mini

What's Hot
mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
Which one should I buy? The regular HOF has stereo in/outs which might be useful for recording, particularly with my Strymon Timeline. But the HOF mini is half the price. And I only really want hall reverb. Shame the HOF mini doesn't do stereo.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited June 2014
    The plate reverb is quite nice on that actually… and on the fly changes are pain live with the smaller pedal (you'd have to have a volume pedal at the end of the chain live to do tone prints in silence). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Thanks, I'm leaning towards the full HOF. Unfortunately, they seem to sell second hand on ebay for close to the full retail price so will probably buy new.
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    The Neunaber Stereo Wet seems to be the one people go for if you need the best (other than a Strymon BigSky anyway). 

I actually bought a Catalinbread Topanga just last week… not stereo but it was much better than the HOF.
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited June 2014
    I'd be tempted to wait a little while for an offer on the big pedals (tc loves a pedal offer), or get the HOF mini since there is the 3-for-2 rebate deal on at the moment. For £145 you could get the HOF mini, a modulation and a spark booster compared to about £115 for the regular HOF new. I mean, you could get the three minis, sell the spark and the modulation on here for over/around £100 quite easily with no shortage of takers.
    edit: speaking as someone who already has a spark mini, a flashback x4, a trinity (HOF) reverb and a shaker vibrato, they are very nice pedals and either way it would be a good purchase!