My first attempt at a 'creepy' intro

What's Hot
I don't know a great deal of theory, but I really enjoy some Avenged Sevenfold and Black Sabbath stuff and wanted to write something creepy, so that was my challenge for the day.  

Here it is - just a rough idea, but I think it works.  I might bring it up from 125 to 135bpm as I've come up with a really cool riff for the main song, but it sounds bad played any slower than that!

Thoughts please :) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    Thoughts?

Black Sabbath! 

That b5 is the Devil's note, don'tcha know.

;)
  • Thoughts?

Black Sabbath! 

That b5 is the Devil's note, don'tcha know.

;)
    Yay! That's good.  The ending is just a rush idea, but I kinda like it.  I have this cool riff, but I feel like a slight jump in speed would detract from the effect :( so I will probably re record it all a wee bit quicker. 
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    Maybe add some thunderclaps and a slight whiff of sulphur?
  • steamabacus;280836" said:
    Maybe add some thunderclaps and a slight whiff of sulphur?
    I can't find the whiff of sulphur plug in :(
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    Wobble board and a didgeridoo are pretty creepy in the right hands
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    The low guitar is boss, the high guitar is a bit meh. Not evil enough, mind you with some bass in there you might get away with it. Definitely sabbath style, a sudden speed up will sound fine in this style.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Cheers lads :) with the high bit, is it note choice, tone or both that are off (or something else)? I was roughly aiming at an a7x type idea, I like the harmony but it still sounds a bit amateur. I've done loads of harmony work before, but typically stay in key. This is a bit of a departure so I'm open to any help you have!

Also, the noise gate I left on by mistake is destroying the high notes quite a lot, which really does bug me. I didn't notice until I uploaded.

Bass wise, I'm thinking big, sub octave and fuzzy with a clean version double tracked - so I'll probably back off the distortion a bit on guitar to make room.