Floyd Rose on a Strat, re-alignment? pics

DougDoug Frets: 172
edited September 2013 in Making & Modding
Hoping for some advice, I've got a slight alignment problem with the floyd rose on my squier strat, to be fair it annoys me aesthetically rather than causing any real playing issues as it's the 6th E which is closer to the edge of the fretboard at the 22nd fret rather than the top E/1st.  The guitar plays nicely  with a low clean action, the floyd is smooth and returns to pitch fine. So, I'd like to plug and redrill to get the floyd 100% central. When I removed the original trem  I used 10mm hardwood dowel from the local diy, to plug the holes of the original two point trem (squier deluxe). Is this ok to use again or would you suggest something better?. The body is basswood although not the feather light balsa type. imageimage
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Not sure I'd want the hassle of doing that! If it was the high E dropping off the board maybe. Is it really worth it if it plays OK?

My favourite strat colour!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16647
    not worth the hassle.   you may be able to get it bang on by loosening the neck screws, pulling the neck into position and then retightening.  if that doesn't work i would just forget about it.  i certainly wouldn't want to plug and redrill for the trem which could lead to stability issues down the line

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom