SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: c1935 Gibson Kalamazoo KG-11 Acoustic - BEAUTY!

jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
edited August 2015 in Acoustics £
Hi guys,

I'm contemplating selling or trading my extremely clean (for the year - 1935!) Gibson made Kalamazoo KG-11.

It is an absolute cracker of a guitar and it's extremely loud for such a small bodied flattop. These are a similar build to the Gibson L-00 of the same period but are ladder braced. In this case I think that's a good thing as instead of being mellow and soft sounding this one barks at the moon! Loads of midrange honk with a pick, perfect for soloing or slide work.

One barely noticeable pro-repaired crack, bridge to butt. No issues and all original parts. It comes with the original case too!

I will entertain p/ex or trades, especially Gibson electrics.

imageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    BUMP - Any trades?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • luscombeluscombe Frets: 155
    The Gibson L-00 that this resembles is the Robert Johnson guitar I believe.
    Thread resurrection, back up for trades!
    The_Fox;738201" said:
    Is there a sale price or is this trades only? These Kalamazoos are braced light as hell so if this one's still around to celebrate its 80th birthday it must be a survivor!

Has it had a neck reset yet?
    I'm looking for around £1200 sale price, it's on commission sale for a lot more in London. This one is indeed extremely light and resonant, sounds stellar. No neck reset and it's not really desperately needing one either... Action a touch high higher up the register but not uncomfortably so.

edited August 2015
    I should add that I won't be offended by lower offers, hard to price this so going with what I think is fair for a 80 year old Gibson built acoustic which is in such good nick and sounds this good.
    Bump