Portable Multitrack Recording

I currently record through a Focusrite 2i2 into my laptop but now want to do more 'field' recording. I'm looking to record acoustic and vocals as seperate tracks but preferably both at the same time, so two inputs. I've been looking at the Tascam Dp006 which looks like it will do what I want and wondered whether anybody had experience of using this, or similar devices?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dhjdhj Frets: 21
    Having had a good look around I think I am looking at either the Zoom R8 or a s/h Boss BR-800. Anybody had experience of either of these (or have one to sell, perhaps?)
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I have a Zoom R8 to sell. Pretty much as new....I've never gotten around to using it.
    Retail price seems to be £199. So, if we said 50% + a fiver p&p, making it £105? Can post photos later if you're interested.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    dhj said:
    Having had a good look around I think I am looking at either the Zoom R8 or a s/h Boss BR-800. Anybody had experience of either of these (or have one to sell, perhaps?)
    I have  BR 800- as new boxed etc. not considered selling but not being used, if you interested let me know.

The BR has a good facility to let you pre select what type of recording you want such as stereo mics, 4 track, 2 track etc,   

Your not too far away in Derbyshire, 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    dhj said:
    I have  BR 800- as new boxed etc. not considered selling but not being used, if you interested let me know.

The BR has a good facility to let you pre select what type of recording you want such as stereo mics, 4 track, 2 track etc,   

Your not too far away in Derbyshire, 
    Hi, PM'd - I hope I did it correctly!
    jellyroll said:
    Retail price seems to be £199. So, if we said 50% + a fiver p&p, making it £105? Can post photos later if you're interested.
    Hi, PM'd a few moments ago - hope I did it correctly!
    dhj said:
    jellyroll said:
    I don't seem to have any messages......
    jellyroll said:
    dhj said:
    jellyroll said:
    I don't seem to have any messages......
    Done it properly this time
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I've got through a few of these portable multitrackers. They can be a bit fiddly to use. The Tascam's are great, very good sound quality, easier to use but fewer features than the Boss. Then again, all those features mean lots of menus - I predict you won't use half of them!

Make sure you get one with decent XLR ins.

Alternatively, get a portable field recorder that can record multiple tracks and do overdubs. I recently bought this: http://tascam.com/product/dr-40/  

It's the business, perfect for what I want really, which is to capture ideas but at a quality good enough to export to Logic later for mixing. You can record up to 4 tracks simultaneously and it even has a rudimentary mixer, plus a nice hall reverb.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I have a Zoom R24, which is similar to the R8. Love it, dead simple to use, connects nicely to the Laptop. Great tool.