Just when you thought you'd seen it all

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
So, you love the Klon sound.  Nothing better than a decent clean boost, right? Nice buffer, too, though they're easy enough to get hold of.

Anyway, you want to make sure you're getting the 'real' klon sound - you want to know it's the correct circuit.  What if the cloners have it a bit wrong?  Maybe that's why folk say it's just another OD/clean boost (albeit a nice one) - if they had the real deal, they'd get the extra.

Well, apparently, you don't get the extra 8-10 percent unless you specifically ask for it...

I actually don't quite believe this.  Not having a go if you like them, want one, own one etc, nor on the price, but the idea of the builder saying all that time the KTR was perfected to be identical to the original, yet for the same builder to then have a 'better' one?

Hmmm...
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Would I be correct in thinking that this extra '8 - 10 percent' entails a surcharge of significantly more than 8 - 10 percent?
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Don't believe the hype
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Surely just a joke?
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • joeyowen;285053" said:
    Surely just a joke?
    I'm not sure. I mean, the guy who posted it is a reputable pro player so it's not in his interests to joke about that.

I know component variation is a thing, but it just struck me as a little odd. People waiting years for the next batch, and then they'll feel they have an inferior product.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    ^^
    All Klons are inferior to the might of the DS-1. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Utter bollocks.

IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    If it's legit then it sums up the ethos of klon, it's like an exclusive club that's exclusive just because it's exclusive... I'd like one yes, but I'm not getting drawn in on the my dick is bigger than yours train
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    I wouldn't like one partly because everyone seems to have them these days.  Plenty of artist get by with great sound without them so I don't see why it is so special.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    What an absolute crock of shit. In joke or not.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited July 2014
    It should also be noted Matte Henderson is a bit of a plonker. Who has messaged me before now to ask me (and when I say ask I actually mean tell) to stop posting about a brand we were both fond of. Especially the bit of what I paid as the prices were not consistent with the upcharge DAG were putting on them which seemed to upset him quite a bit.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    So when you say "plonker" you really mean "chiselling little crook"?

:)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    To be fair I think he was trying to protect his buddy/employer. There's probably something noble about it :-p

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Lew said:
    It should also be noted Matte Henderson is a bit of a plonker. Who has messaged me before now to ask me (and when I say ask I actually mean tell) to stop posting about a brand we were both fond of. Especially the bit of what I paid as the prices were not consistent with the upcharge DAG were putting on them which seemed to upset him quite a bit.

Interesting. I've always thought he was one of the main players in the tgp shill team. This wasn't in relation to j gustavson by any chance?
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I thought this thread was a classic of the TGP elite: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1451579 A bass made in homage to a camel gun (both hand selected od course).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    8 to 10% more hype.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Gear Page Nobbery of the highest order.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Don't mock this is totally real.

On the special ones they remove the circuit board and replace it with a kingslayer :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Moe_Zambeek;285336" said:
    Lew said:

Interesting. I've always thought he was one of the main players in the tgp shill team. This wasn't in relation to j gustavson by any chance?
    Fibenare.

That bass looks cool, actually!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    :))

Amazing.