More Eurometal hilarity. Video again probably NSFW.

What's Hot
DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Elize is a regular feature in these threads of mine, bless her cotton socks. This video seems mostly to be about how good she looks in a dress.

Make sure you're not eating anything when the guitar solo comes in.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    Bloody hell that was gash.

Here's a Euro-metal palate cleanser, to take the taste away. 

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Is that Finland's answer to Malmsteen? If so, the answer is wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    Why does the guitarist kneel down for the solo? Is it to take the weight off his feet or is he looking for scraps?
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I think he's trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel. And not managing that very well, either.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Heard far worse solos than that one tbh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    We seem to be judging the guitar player on his appearance.....
    Not I. Couldn't give two hoots what he looks like. He's a good player, but the whole song and video drip cheese in a way that made me laugh uncontrollably. I'm pretty sure that was not his intention when he composed it, or the intention of the director of the video. This isn't Gloryhammer, this is what made Gloryhammer happen!
  • Solo was OK, not the most fluid of efforts but he is obviously a good player.
    Old Is Gold
  • Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
    edited July 2014
    This thread needs some real metal

Old Is Gold
    But this thread is about unintentionally hilarious Eurometal!

The only thing qualifying that video was the bloke weilding an anglegrinder at crotch height spewing sparks like an epic jizzfest... that was pretty funny!
  • Lyrical Content.............

Old Is Gold
    @Antique_Guitars That's the shit! Low-budget video is good, totally overblown Patric Ullaeus production brings more LOLs for me, though. Like this:

The "pool exit" and "zip shots" almost killed me first time around.
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Are you guys serious you don't know who Timo Tolkki is? :)
    I'm European and I like what you guys call Eurometal...speaking of which, is anyone familiar with the work of Andy LaRocque, for example his playing on King Diamond's Them? I love the sound of his guitar...Very melodic, organic, technical, with an interesting sound....
    Of course I know who Tolkki is! That song is still unintentionally hilarious. I'm also European and I love Eurometal.

I also know LaRocque and have been meaning to investigate his playing more seriously sometime because I've loved everything I've heard so far. My introduction to him was from the Guitar Techniques columnist, Martin Goulding, though I'd heard of him before from other mags.
    DLM said:
    Of course I know who Tolkki is! That song is still unintentionally hilarious. I'm also European and I love Eurometal.

I also know LaRocque and have been meaning to investigate his playing more seriously sometime because I've loved everything I've heard so far. My introduction to him was from the Guitar Techniques columnist, Martin Goulding, though I'd heard of him before from other mags.
    He's a great player and believe it or not I've just discovered him :) I remembered this album by King Diamond that I listened to when I was 11! So I go to youtube and play the album and realise that the guitar playing is exceptional, very Schenker influenced...He apparently recorded with Death on Individual Thought Patterns, which was another album I liked a lot but haven't listened to it in 20 years...

Do you remember the GT issue? I've been a subscriber for years, I'd like to check it out... Thanks!
    @Elx
    According to his website, it was GT issue 151, in the Modern Metal column.

http://martingoulding.com/magazine-portfolio/guitar-techniques/

Goulding has namechecked LaRocque as an influence a few times in interviews and other articles, too.

I've every issue of GT and still subscribe, but my collection of back issues is still all boxed after a move last year until I can sort out suitable shelf space for it.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926

Wow I had no idea there were more than a few people on here with similar tastes to me. Today is a good day.

Bidley said:

Wow I had no idea there were more than a few people on here with similar tastes to me. Today is a good day.

You mean you like Symphony X and Stratovarius? :)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    Elx said:
    Bidley said:

You mean you like Symphony X and Stratovarius? :)

Yes, along with Blind Guardian (I'm a total fanboy of theirs), Gamma Ray, Helloween etc. I also like my Melodeath like At The Gates, Norther and the like.