Did I just grab a nice bargain? :)

4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
in Making & Modding tFB Trader
Spotted this on ebay - @GSPBASSES telecaster neck - birdseye maple, never been used. Had to pull the trigger on it - I was looking for a maple neck for my LaCab partscaster, but at this price I think I'll use rosewood! Will probably give it a nice satin finish I think. Looking forward to it arriving this week. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Assuming that it's all A-OK, then a @GSPBasses neck for £75 is indeed a "nice bargain".  Very nice.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    What treatment would you give it? I can't decide between satin lacquer, or a slightly tinted vintage nitro. It'll be going on a pink paisley body I'm in the process of building.  
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Nice one, well-spotted, and glad you got something sorted out. If it was me, I'd do a thin Tru Oil finish - I've seen pics of a few necks done like that, and they looked good - the Tru Oil seems to bring out the grain and darken/warm the wood tone a bit, but in a very natural kind of way. Just my own preference there though. Best of luck for the rest of the build! :)
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Good call, I used Danish oil to finish my last guitar with good results. I imagine that it would bring out the birdseye pattern nicely too.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Hell of a bargain, and yes, tru-oil and then beeswax is gorgeous on a neck :)

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    JookyChap said:
    Hell of a bargain, and yes, tru-oil and then beeswax is gorgeous on a neck :)
    What beeswax do you use? No particular reason...