PRS S2 hollow bodys

What's Hot
MattGMattG Frets: 170
You guys have already probably seen this but it just popped up on my facebook feed, i've always wanted a PRS hollowbody but could never afford one now i'm going to have to restrain myself from getting one until i've recuperated from my latest amp purchase.
I think the custom 22 looks particularly good as a hollowbody with a PRS trem is essentially my perfect guitar, and they're available with dots!
what do you guys think?
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    just a shame they haven't used the outline birds instead of the normal ones really otherwise I would have a hell of alot more kit for sale on here within the next few weeks...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I really don't like any of those bird inlays, love semi hollow guitars though. Been years since I played a PRS, usually hate them but I'd love to give one of these a shot. 
    edited July 2014
    I've got an SC245 and it really seems to divide opinion, its my favourite guitar but some of my friends picked it up and just kind of went "meh"
  • Yikes! They are too affordable . Time to go and hide the credit card again.
  • Like it, but that maple and that colour is a bit minging... Plain top, or mega bling please :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Has me Gassing for an S2 starla now!  Bugger.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2355
    edited July 2014
    Like it, but that maple and that colour is a bit minging... Plain top, or mega bling please :)
    +1

EDIT: Actually I'm not certain that would necessarily work... I'm not just that fussed on the colour, I think.
    I dont mind it actually although I would prefer it in blue or mccarty burst
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited July 2014
    MattG;289475" said:
    I've got an SC245 and it really seems to divide opinion, its my favourite guitar but some of my friends picked it up and just kind of went "meh"
    Without wishing to be rude to your friends, some people wouldn't know a good guitar if it hit them in the face.

There is a section of players who seem to have an inbuilt belief that everything cheap is vastly better that it actually is and that anything expensive is over-priced tat, which fooled the 'wealthy' owner into wasting their money.

I remember auditioning a singer with a band I was in some years ago. One walked in, squinted at the headstock of my guitar (it was a USA Schecter Strat-alike) and proclaimed,"Rich bitch".

He had no idea how high a proportion of my income went into my gear and how much I sacrificed to buy it. Yes it was expensive but rich I most certainly wasn't. Nor was I indescriminating or easily parted from my money.

I hate that kind of mentality. The worse kind of inverse snobbery.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    MattG;289475" said:
    Without wishing to be rude to your friends, some people wouldn't know a good guitar if it hit them in the face.

There is a section of players who seem to have an inbuilt belief that everything cheap is vastly better that it actually is and that anything expensive is over-priced tat, which fooled the 'wealthy' owner into wasting their money.

I remember auditioning a singer with a band I was in some years ago. One walked in, squinted at the headstock of my guitar (it was a USA Schecter Strat-alike) and proclaimed,"Rich bitch".

He had no idea how high a proportion of my income went into my gear and how much I sacrificed to buy it. Yes it was expensive but rich I most certainly wasn't. Not was I indescriminating or easily parted from my money.

I hate that kind of mentality. The worse kind of inverse snobbery.....
    Yeah i know exactly how you feel i bought mine on finance and am still paying it off! xD
    they seemed to hate the flat fingerboard and the fact it was "too bright" for a les paul, which annoyed me as that was exactly why i bought the damn thing!
    Hes decided it wasn't as good because it had the wrong thing on the headstock, he was adamant the gibson was better because....
    well just because.
    i wouldn't have minded him saying he prefers the gibson but saying its outright better thats what pissed me off! lol
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Its brand perception, PRS are seen as a dentists guitar in the UK. But as someone whose owned 5 Gibsons. I think PRS are generally superior construction, consistancy & fit & finish. I suspect as Paul will pass on & commercial pressures continue. Perhaps we've seen the golden era of PRS....?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Fuck there goes my savings!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited July 2014
    MattG;289521" said:
    "too bright" for a les paul
    A vintage, PAF equipped Les Paul sounds clear and bright. They also have strong lower-mids and an extended bass response - a real 'full range' tone.
    http://thedougandpatshow.com/category/videos/page/5/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17602
    tFB Trader
    The Hollowbody Singlecut looks great. 

Those S2s are going to be great gig workhorses, especially once they start coming up secondhand.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Inverse snobbery is something which really pisses me off. I am not jealous of anyone who has better gear than me. Fair play to them, if it brings them joy that's the end of it. I love both my SG and my PRS. Would I buy another PRS? Absolutely in a heart beat, would I buy another Gibson? Maybe....even then I'd have to try 14-15 out. I'd love a Les Paul Traditional with a flamey top.

But yes, I really liked the appeal of an S2 semi. They will be second hand bargains. Not to keen on the f hole, and technically I don't "need" a semi.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    richardhomer;289532" said:
    [quote="MattG;289521"]"too bright" for a les paul
    A vintage, PAF equipped Les Paul sounds clear and bright. They also have strong lower-minds and an extended bass response - a real 'full range' tone.
    [/quote]
    i did try a bunch of les pauls including a couple of custom shop models with PAFs but the PRS ie equiped with suhr aldrichs and did sound that bit brighter, thats why i ended up with it and will never regret it :)
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Im waiting for an S2 McCarty, suprised they have not done that
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference with a S2 PRS over standard run guitars? 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    MattG;289444" said:
    just a shame they haven't used the outline birds instead of the normal ones really otherwise I would have a hell of alot more kit for sale on here within the next few weeks...
    You can get it in dots if that helps.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Beveled rather than carved tops, some of the hardware is made in Korea and japan (pickups, tuners etc). Three piece necks.

They're still made at the prs factory by the same people who make the core lines. Personally I'd rather buy a secondhand core model, I prefer the carved tops and I haven't seen an S2 that I really like the look of.