SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Jet City 20H - Dan Gower Modified SOLD

What's Hot
AngryGoldfishAngryGoldfish Frets: 19
edited September 2014 in Amps £
SOLD for a Jet City 20 watt head modified by Dan Gower in London. Originally cost me over £600. I've been the only owner and it's in excellent condition. The mods are as follows:

- Gutted preamp for more gain and goodness
- Saturation switch (adds gain and smooth compression)
- Three-way voice switch (alters midrange focus and tightness)
- Depth knob

Overall I'd describe it as a less sizzly and aggressive modded Marshall. I owned a Soldano Avenger before the Jet City and found the two shockingly similar. It's loud enough for small gigs but has shit clean tones. It's all about cranking it up. It doesn't mind being dimed at all.

I've listed this before in case you're wondering.

£235 including insured shipping to the UK and PP fees. I'm based in Ireland. I have to make sure the original box is still in safe condition. Otherwise it's ready to go. Any more questions just ask. Trades and offers are welcome.

SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stedsted Frets: 259
    YHPM
  • Replied.

• Still available.

• Bump

• Bump

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    Got to say, I bought a Lightlabs Goatkeeper from @angrygoldfish, and he was superb in service, communication and delivery. Buy with confidence !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • +1 
    Ive bought many things from @angrygoldfish and hes a gent.
    Really looks after his gear too (ooer)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Well, thank you, gentlemen. That is all very kind of you. ^_^

Really need cash. Offers welcome.

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Any videos or samples of how it sounds?
  • It's basically a hot-rodded Marshall kind of sound, but a little less aggressive and with the thunk of a Soldano. I'll record some clips on my phone and post them up. I have poor upload speeds where I am, though, so it might not be until tomorrow before they're posted.

It wouldn't be quite as tight as a Friedman or Splawn, but it's not that far from the Soldano Avenger I bought the Jet City to replace.

• fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    Amazed you haven't sold this to be honest. If I didn't already have a 22h as my backup I would have taken your hand off for it. 

There's vids on youtube of these already:

• David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    Thought I was watching Scott Hill from Skid Row for a moment - superb playing and great sounding amp
  • AngryGoldfishAngryGoldfish Frets: 19
    edited August 2014
    I'm uploading a really rough demo now to Youtube. I have no idea how long it's going to take or what the quality is going to be like.

edit: This is going to take forever. I don't know if I can wait this long. Should have filmed in 480 instead of 1080. FACK!

edit #2: Cancelled the upload. I'll re-shoot some footage in 480 and make it shorter and then try re-uploading.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    David5150 said:
    Thought I was watching Scott Hill from Skid Row for a moment - superb playing and great sounding amp
    He's good alright, but he's a lousy decorator. Less playing, more painting say I. :-S

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump

• Bump

• Someone will get a great amp here if they just give it a chance.

• What is the name of the Mod that dan did to this amp is it the Cali mod or something else
  • Something else. The Cali Mod is what I would consider super modern, tight and aggressive. This is more like a Soldano—fatter, smoother, rounder, and slightly more squishy and vintage in its voicing. You can get it to rip and soar easily, but it wouldn't be as modern as a Fortin or the Cali Mod.

• Something else. The Cali Mod is what I would consider super modern, tight and aggressive. This is more like a Soldano—fatter, smoother, rounder, and slightly more squishy and vintage in its voicing. You can get it to rip and soar easily, but it wouldn't be as modern as a Fortin or the Cali Mod.
    K thanks