SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Any guitarists in the Bath area?...

What's Hot
Guitarists / song writers who can ideally also sing in the Bath area interested in starting a project? If so give me a shout to see if our ideas click. Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Neville Marten.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Dunno if Nick McCabe can sing but he's in the area...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I usually sing in the Bath, but refrain from taking the Guitar in for fear of Electromocution.

B-)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 103
    Haha....thanks guys. I'll assume thats a no for now. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725

I usually sing in the Bath, but refrain from taking the Guitar in for fear of Electromocution.

B-)
    You need an acowstick guttar, not an electromatronic guttar.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:

I usually sing in the Bath, but refrain from taking the Guitar in for fear of Electromocution.

B-)
    You need an acowstick guttar, not an electromatronic guttar.

Oi don't got no Acowstick Guitar. Shame, cos it would float n'all loik !

8-}
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GazLion said:
    Guitarists / song writers who can ideally also sing in the Bath area interested in starting a project? If so give me a shout to see if our ideas click. Cheers 
    If you need somewhere to stick up an ad, try the St James Wine Vaults noticeboard (http://www.stjameswinevaults.co.uk/). I'm sure they had paper ads up there. Regular gigs go on there, one of the few decent pubs left in Bath. Also try the Bell: 

Sadly the Porter is no more. More of an indie hangout but used to be a lot of musicians there. The decision to sell that and turn it into another stuck-up posh food eatery came just before I left Bath for Bristol and was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for Bath in my eyes. Very happy to have left there. 

• How near to Bath are we talking about and what type of singing do you require and what age group are you looking at?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    GazLion said:
    If you need somewhere to stick up an ad, try the St James Wine Vaults noticeboard (http://www.stjameswinevaults.co.uk/). I'm sure they had paper ads up there. Regular gigs go on there, one of the few decent pubs left in Bath. Also try the Bell: 

Sadly the Porter is no more. More of an indie hangout but used to be a lot of musicians there. The decision to sell that and turn it into another stuck-up posh food eatery came just before I left Bath for Bristol and was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for Bath in my eyes. Very happy to have left there. 

Thanks for that I will certainly check out st James. Was in the bell inn the other night but a little worse for wear (bh weekend...) so I'll have a proper look around next time
    How near to Bath are we talking about and what type of singing do you require and what age group are you looking at?
    I live in Bath down Wellsway so the south side of the city. I'm 27 so I guess.....middle aged group! Thats depressing!

The reason why I mentioned vocals was because I've never worked in bands that have been able to deliver strong vocal harmonies, and this is something i'd really like to look at doing. Ideally 3 or 4 part harmonies once a proper band is in place. 

I'm open to different genres, but realistically not anything too heavy. No screaming vocals etc. What I have in mind is more atmospheric clean tones... but as I say very open to different genres. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    Why didnt you just say you wanted to make a P&W band?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    GazLion said:
     I'm 27 so I guess.....middle aged group! Thats depressing
    not as depressing as seeing 27 classed as middle aged
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertie said:
    GazLion said:
    +1 to that I'm 53 and still consider myself a teenager.....Ps doing an early acoutsic ish slot tonight 6.30 ish at the Wessesx Beer Festival Chilcompton
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    edited September 2013
    bertie said:
    GazLion said:

Did I awake in Dickensian England??
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581

There's me ... well, I'm not too far from Bath and it seems I may have a lot of spare musical time soon!

• drop me a note of what you are thinking of, I'm in Bath
    Hi guys, I got invited to try out as a guitarist for a band in Bath just yesterday, so I'll be seeing how that goes and how much spare time I have around it. Thanks for getting in touch anyway guys