Any laney lionheart owners on here

t1000t1000 Frets: 93
Hi
Got a sudden urge to get one of these babies, In particular the 5w combo anyone got one,  any good? I have owned a vc15 a vc30 and a vc50. Are they much better than the vc 15/30?
I can't help it I love laney amps 

Thanks
Rich
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3312
    I've had 5 a and 20w piggyback. Amazing amps. A real under the radar job.
  • t1000t1000 Frets: 93
    Hi lustycourtier how loud was the 5w? 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2348
    When i tried them (good while ago, so take this with a pinch of salt) they sounded to me like a "better" vc series. Whether better enough to justify the extra cost (granted, they have expensive and very nice heritage speakers) is another thing, especially if you have a vc.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I toured the 20w head for two years. I've also owned the vc 30 and 50. Although the controls are the same on the vc30 and l20h, they sound very different. The lionheart has more gain, it's tighter and drier sounding too.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    I friend of mine owned the 5w and sold it as it didn't have enough headroom for live use so he sold it. I would imagine it would be fine for home use. I had the 20w head (I think it may have been @timmysoft 's old one) and it was cracking. I only sold it as I wanted Fender cleans so bought a HRDx, but I would definitely have another one. Nice cleans, and great dirty channel too
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2348
    timmysoft said:
    I toured the 20w head for two years. I've also owned the vc 30 and 50. Although the controls are the same on the vc30 and l20h, they sound very different. The lionheart has more gain, it's tighter and drier sounding too.
    Yeah listen to timmysoft if he had them for ages and tried them head to head. :))  What I posted was just the fairly vague impression I got. :))