Unusual potential bargain backup for someone

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
Found this whil working out how much I need to save for a 6505...

It's a fake strat (grr) but they're honest (lol look at the headstock!) with a possibly undiscovered gem of a compressor (or not) and a Bandit.

Bandit has a Celestion G12T-75 though - which could potentially be a bargain for a backup amp.  If it doesn't go for much more than that, it's worth it for the speaker alone.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    That's a Pearl compressor, which is a rather good 80s one.

Whoever fitted a G12T-75 to an 80W amp needs to learn something about power ratings though... unless it was deliberately restricted by using a 16-ohm one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    A Pearl compressor. I had one years ago - it was the second or third pedal I ever bought. I sold it because it didn't seem to 'do anything' much! I love compressors now I know how to play. Wish I still had that old Pearl.
    :-<
  • ICBM;295653" said:
    That's a Pearl compressor, which is a rather good 80s one.

Whoever fitted a G12T-75 to an 80W amp needs to learn something about power ratings though... unless it was deliberately restricted by using a 16-ohm one.
    Ooo neat, so potentially two half decent bargains.

It did strike me as odd, especially as they say it was professionally fitted...

Though maybe the pro followed the Internet wisdom of solid state watts = less than valve. Wrongly.
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    According to the bloke in the shop it looks like strat!  

I suppose if you had one eye in the right light and angle...

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    ThePrettyDamned said:

It did strike me as odd, especially as they say it was professionally fitted...

Though maybe the pro followed the Internet wisdom of solid state watts = less than valve. Wrongly.
    To be fair, the 75 is quite tough and will probably take it. I would be happier with a 100W-rated speaker in it though.

But I wouldn't put one in a Bandit anyway, it's totally the wrong choice - the last thing a Bandit needs is a speaker with a boomy low-end and buzzy top-end, since that's exactly the problem the amp has!

To my great surprise the Eminence Legend V1216 - which I find far too tight and middy normally - is absolutely ideal in one. And is rated at 120W, which is plenty even given Eminence's less conservative ratings.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom