Practice Room rates...

What's Hot

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    Danny1969 said:
    I have 2 large rooms with aircon, free wifi, free green room with 50" plasma and internet TV, free tea and coffee

We supply free drums (just bring breakables) free cabs and combos from Marshall, Vox and Fender. Some bands walk in just clutching guitars, sticks and cymbals
    We charge £12 an hour and got no problem with takers. I only wish we got as much recording work as we do practice sessions. 

Look hard at the costs of running it though. My place 2020studios.co.uk cost (per month) 2K in rent, 1K in rates then you got your gas, electric, alarm monitoring, water rates etc. 
    We really need to try out your second room at some point for recording as it's pretty much on our door step :)
    Yeah come down man
    Here's a quick iPhone shot of half of room 2 ... I can't get the whole room in 

For others a shot of room 1

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Don't assume everyone wants a pristine environment.  Being able to smoke is our priority and we put up with quite a bit to get it
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    Are you legally allowed to smoke in practice rooms?  It is a genuine question, I know you aren't supposed to smoke in a work place, not sure what the rules are for buildings like practice facilities though.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Are you legally allowed to smoke in practice rooms?
    Nope!
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3311
    MDKV said:
    Why is wifi a must?
    Internets. 
    You need to be on facebook when your supposesed to be rehearsing? I genuinely dont understand why wifi is a must
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    We go to Mill Hill Music Complex in North London. It's generally £14 per person, so roundabouts £56 for 4 hours.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    MDKV said:
    Why is wifi a must?
    Internets. 
    You need to be on facebook when your supposesed to be rehearsing? I genuinely dont understand why wifi is a must

so keyboard players can check their email with their left hand.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
    MDKV said:
    Why is wifi a must?
    Internets. 
    It could be useful.  What if you are in a covers band?  Tabs, lyrics, streaming the tracks...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I am in a covers band, and I have an iphone with 3g and go prepared.

Its a nice thing to have, but none we use have it.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    In central Edinburgh three hours costs about £20. For that you usually get pa, bass amp, two guitar amps, and a drum kit. Hiring cymbals and snare is extra. Think Glasgow is much the same price/kit wise.
    I'm always getting asked for the wireless code, they use it for something  ...... maybe I'm better off not knowing ;)

Judging by the bins here a lot of beer gets consumed, I've often thought about selling it
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    You should.  Beer, canned soft drinks, chocolate, crisps.  If you don't sell the beer you should at least sell the other stuff.  Our old drummer bought a can of coke and some chocolate most practices.
    Yup, sell beer and snacks, as well as picks strings sticks etc.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    MDKV said:
    Why is wifi a must?
    Internets. 

@EricTheWeary The Keyboard player me and Chalkie used to play with was once seen marking maths homework during a gig (he is a teacher of course). Either that or tucking into his sarnies.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    MDKV said:
    Why is wifi a must?
    Internets. 

@EricTheWeary The Keyboard player me and Chalkie used to play with was once seen marking maths homework during a gig (he is a teacher of course). Either that or tucking into his sarnies.

I always loved the story about the drummer who played behind Lightnin Hopkins, IIRC, who used to rest his beer and a ham sandwich on the floor tom and eat/ drink them as the gig progressed so there was only floor tom on songs in the second half. But our, teacher as it happens, keyboardist in the Damnbusters would genuinely check email with one hand whilst playing with the other.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • £40 gets us 4 hours in here:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    £40 gets us 4 hours in here:

Is that an iPhone panaramic photo ?
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    In central Edinburgh three hours costs about £20. For that you usually get pa, bass amp, two guitar amps, and a drum kit. Hiring cymbals and snare is extra. Think Glasgow is much the same price/kit wise.
    Where do you go in Edinburgh? I've been to Banana Row and some dodgy place in Leith, and I seem to remember paying a bit more than that, at least at times when most people are able to practice (i.e. evenings and weekends.)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281
    Jeremiah said:
    Where do you go in Edinburgh? I've been to Banana Row and some dodgy place in Leith, and I seem to remember paying a bit more than that, at least at times when most people are able to practice (i.e. evenings and weekends.)

Many moons ago I used to use banana row and the dodgy place in leith could be lighthouse studios?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited July 2014
    The cost of a Saturday 10am-8pm (3 sessions) at Survival Studios, Acton for the forthcoming West London GearFest is £54 and includes 2 Marshalls (stack and combo), bass amp, drums and PA.

I usually pay anywhere between £35 - £50 per 4hrs. Depends where I rehearse.
    @Danny1969 - I like the look of Studio1