Dance, you monkeys!

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71955
    It's at times like these when I reflect on self-employment - the lack of guaranteed consistent income, the variable working hours (both in a good and bad way), the inability to blame someone else, the lack of holiday pay, the National Insurance bills, the HMRC Self-Assessment forms, the lack of company in the workplace, the dealing with customers who think you're a servant, the sameness of the job stretching to beyond the horizon and all the rest, and think that it could be worse... a lot worse.

I could have to actually go and get a job working for utter dickheads like that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Exactly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Splendid!

I shall have to introduce a dancing routine into my examination of the final promotion candidate this afternoon; it should relieve some of my boredom. Yesterday, whilst explaining the marking regime, I slipped in the fact that I would be deducting marks from candidates if I didn't like them, but to my surprise, and disappointment, it appeared to go unnoticed.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13564

I would have walked.
    you'd have failed the interview then..................

:)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Not if he'd moonwalked..
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd have loved it. Situation to take the placid graduate out of his comfort zone? Dancing. Perfect! If he'd had any gumption, he'd have stripped to the waist and given it some serious moves. 

• I watched the video and it didnt show him dancing.

Also who the fuck relocates for a sales assistant position in currys?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I watched the video and it didnt show him dancing.

Also who the fuck relocates for a sales assistant position in currys?
    I think he'd relocated as there's no work in Cardiff... not entirely sure Newport is a hotbed of employment to Cardiff's job drought, but he perhaps didn't move FOR the Curry's job.

On the other hand - what's wrong with showing some backbone and saying "Sorry sir, I don't dance, if dancing is part of the job, I'm not the right candidate, if charging over the odds for a poor selection of goods and selling terribly priced warranties that don't work as advertised and giving over-priced credit agreement is part of the job then surely I'm perfect for it"?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yup, if I were the Curry's manager, I'd have given him the job if he'd told me that. At least I'd have known he was an honest person.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Yup, if I were the Curry's manager, I'd have given him the job if he'd told me that. At least I'd have known he was an honest person.

Honest and appliance Salesperson? Same sentence? surely some mistake?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    i think I've been interviewed by him
  • bertie said:

I would have walked.
    you'd have failed the interview then..................

:)
    Not if he walked like a robot.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I can't see the problem, it's not as if there was a pole in the interview room ...

uh uh uh ... I wanna second series.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?