NAD ruined by courier - Interlink Express

What's Hot
FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 954
edited July 2014 in Amps
So...a quick review of Interlink Express for anyone who's searching for courier experiences in the future.

Basically, I should have had a Suhr PT100 limited edition delivered yesterday, one of only 50 that will (allegedly) ever be made.

I've just been told by Interlink that they've lost it. It's missing. They have no clue where it is. AWOL!

Why are couriers such fekking idiots?! There must surely be a space in the market who can deliver expensive items with just a *little* bit of care and attention.

Ah well, time to get a some brekkie and a coffee and play some angry music to chill myself out.
Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Bad news indeed  :(
    Almost sounds like it was nicked to order.
    Hope it turns up for you.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Bad news indeed. Was it sent from a shop?
  • Yes, sent from a shop so at least I won't lose out financially I'm just gutted it's gone missing :-(
  • Keep hounding them - my neighbour works for ups and he's given me all sorts of advice. He said that sometimes, if an internal investigation is begun, these things can magically reappear. Occasionally with the box opened (no, seriously).

It amazes me. They're paid to deliver a box safely from a to b, but charge for insurance, which implies they don't normally do their job properly.
  • these are all franchise delivery people - don't use a franchise courier Interlink, Citylink, Yodal etc etc,

Other delivery companies such as UPS / Royal Mail have problems, but they are a proper business trying to run a service, rather than a franchise trying skim money

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for advice folks - the call centre person was basically saying raise an investigation NOW but I can't do that the shop needs to do that so I'm calling them as soon as they open.

Don't want to have negative vibes towards the shop btw - I've always had great service from them, this is a courier problem not the dealer!
  • to be honest, the shop has a responsibility for the courier too.

I've had shops change couriers for me because two of the franchises in my area are just a disgrace, but obviously there is zero come back as someone is paying the parent company for the franchise, so as long as the parent company gets the money...who cares.

Shops who strike up deals with franchise couriers such as city link (just an example) as just as responsible as the courier themselves as they are saving a few quid for an known problem model and putting the customer at risk.

When ordering I pretty much always check the courier, and if it's a franchise courier I'll ask them to change it to Royal mail or someone else and if not not place the order.

it's the best advice I can ever give as there is zero come back on the franchise businesses.

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    I feel really sorry for your situation. I'd be fucking fuming to say the least. I hope it's resolved quickly and the amp turns up safe and sound.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    DPD are the best. Never had a bad experience, and nowadays you can actually get an hours window for delivery and track the VAN and DRIVER on their website.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    UPS and DPD have both been good for me so far, i'm always amazed how something of that size and weight, and no doubt distinctive box marking can "disappear". It's not like it's down the back of the seat in the van...someone has made it "disappear".

• Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340

Man that is so shit, fuckaduckily a limited edition Suhr PT-100 :0

Hope it turns up

• Well, after a trip down to the depot where I impressed upon them the importance of finding this thing, it has been found!

Looks like keeping on at the courier and being the squeaky wheel at them has paid off.

I am so relieved, I was really looking forward to this amp and didn't want it to slip away due to incompetence of couriers.

It turns out it was a DPD office that I went to...I guess they will all end up having deliveries go wrong, just a shame it was this thing.

Ah well, all's well that end's well....I have my amp, I can now show my drama lama the door :-)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Grear news!
  • Well done mate :D 

Now... Demo? ;)
  • Happy to put something up for a demo though it will be very, very sadly lacking in comparison to Pete Thorne's examples haha.

Once I've had a chance to settle in with it and do some practice :-) I'll post something up in a new happy thread.

Initial impressions are very good, I'm glad it didn't get away!
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    So glad all ended well...look forward to the demo

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited July 2014
    I was told by a dealer that a Suhr MK model, which was specially ordered with a one piece top, disappeared in transit with a courier when they sent it out to the customer who had been waiting months for it.

They even got a picture of it printed in Guitarist, in an effort get it back.

To the best of my knowledge it was never recovered....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 89
    edited July 2014
    great news on getting it back
    edited July 2014
    The thing I don't like about the way shops send stuff out is that in my experience the original boxes tend to tell you what's inside, rather than a plain shipping box. Could just be too tempting for someone.
  • I've bought a couple of items through eBay over the last 12 months.

Both were sent via Interlink, both were declared lost before then even reached the depot having been collected from the shops. Went missing within a couple of hrs. They are known for this.

Suffice to say their customer service team didn't give a rats ass on both occasions, basically as I would get my money back from the shop anyway just to go away and stop calling them.

I now won't buy anything from a shop or seller using them as their courier of choice.