Shock Horror! Gibson and Fender both to do a PRS scale guitar!

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141
edited July 2014 in Guitar
It'll happen,

Once they've run out of ideas.

Oh sorry, think they already have.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    id be happy with more colour choice

Oly white, black and sunburst are getting a but dull
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    I have a PRS scale nearly-Fender. It's brilliant :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I won't be getting one
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    edited July 2014

The thing is Fender & Gibson have all the ideas they need for continued success. Fender's core line of Strat, Tele, Jaguar, Mustang, Precision and Jazz doesn't really need anything added to it. Same with Gibson with Les Pauls, SG's, 335's etc. Why they, especially Gibson keep offering up shite most of us don't want, Firebird X anyone? Just concentrate on building the classic models better, although in fairness to Fender they've had their act together for quite some time now. Gibson on the other hand........

Oh yeah, I have a PRS with Gibson scale length and it's spot on.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    If Gibson just did a proper mahogany explorer with big neck, non-ceramic pickups and natural finish I would at least consider buying one.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited July 2014
    I'm a Fender man through and through and I was thinking only the other day that the current Fender range, despite it's vast size, bores the living shit out of me. I think they are at the lowest point in 30 years TBH. Appointing U2 to the board and offering fender branded wine at Xmas just cements this.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    SidNewton said: Fender's core line of Strat, Tele, Jaguar, Mustang, Precision and Jazz
    Really?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I'd love a strat with a PRS scale length!       A reverse head strat with a neck like my cu24 would be perfect :)
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    from the reviews i've heard the new Gibsons are superb

• fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    SidNewton said:

The thing is Fender & Gibson have all the ideas they need for continued success. Fender's core line of Strat, Tele, Jaguar, Mustang, Precision and Jazz doesn't really need anything added to it. Same with Gibson with Les Pauls, SG's, 335's etc. Why they, especially Gibson keep offering up shite most of us don't want, Firebird X anyone? Just concentrate on building the classic models better, although in fairness to Fender they've had their act together for quite some time now. Gibson on the other hand........

Oh yeah, I have a PRS with Gibson scale length and it's spot on.

Gibson have been offering models that nobody wanted for over half a century. The Flying V tanked when it came out.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    The suggestion Gibson and Fender are, or might copy PRS is pretty funny.  Aren't most PRS guitars pretty much the lovechild of a Gibson and Fender?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    chrisj1602;298891" said:
    The suggestion Gibson and Fender are, or might copy PRS is pretty funny.  Aren't most PRS guitars pretty much the lovechild of a Gibson and Fender?
    Aren't most electric guitars the love childs of fender and gibson?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    My Fender mash-up guitar has got a PRS scale...