Fender USA special mustang

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
Tried one in my local shop today. Really decent but perhaps a little over priced at £900. Good range of tones and a nice neck, the tunomatic is a welcome addition. Hopefully they sell poorly and get reduced everywhere!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    I reckon they will. I think i've seen them around the £700 mark already. Reckon they'll be under £500 by the end of the year.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72210
    And there was me thinking they'd run out of designs they can bastardise with humbuckers and Gibson hardware. Doh.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17556
    tFB Trader
    They need to do it in some surfy colours.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3319
    I've kept my eye on these waiting for the reductions
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    ICBM said:
    And there was me thinking they'd run out of designs they can bastardise with humbuckers and Gibson hardware. Doh.
    They couldn't have "Gibsonized" it more even if they gave it a single cutaway.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• In principle I quite like them, but surely everyone wants a competition stripe mustang first and foremost?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    always preferred the Jap pawnshop mustang with HH config. Has a hardtail, but keeps the electronics.. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    bigfuzz said:
    always preferred the Jap pawnshop mustang with HH config. Has a hardtail, but keeps the electronics.. 
    WRHB. I played one of these and I couldnt get on with it for the life me.

It is a lovely looking thing though

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    and before the pickup police come and get me yes I know that it is in all likelihood a humbucker in a pretty case
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Nee naw nee naw.

Fender 'enforcer' humbuckers.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nee naw nee naw.

Fender 'enforcer' humbuckers.
    Which are in the bridge of the pawn shop 51. Stonking output and not bad at all actually!