GigRig alternatives...

What's Hot
welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
OK, looking to get something to cut down on tap dancing....I have gone back to pedals after using a G system and I am missing the ease of pressing one button to drastically alter my sound by switching out certain effects AND change my amp channel....

The GigRig seems to be the best option to do this but the price seems somewhat pricey!!!!

Are there any other alternatives out there that people on here are using and are doing the job? - will need about 8 loops and the ability to switch amp channels via 1/4""

Give me some options/more GAS please

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    The Joyo PXL Pro seems like the one for you - 8 loops (configurable as 1x8 or 2x4 if you want to use your effects loop), 32 patches and 4 relay output jacks.

The PXL Live is the same, but has two relay jacks and MIDI.
    <space for hire>
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited July 2014

Meon* GEC-9 has 10 loops and does amp channel switching too. It's not MIDI though.

*D'oh MOEN.

I think they do a smaller version too.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Joyo PXL Pro is fab, as mentioned by @digitalscream. I have one and it's very easy to use. I didn't even need to use the manual to work it out. Here's a demo vid of someone running it through it's paces:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Musicom EFXIII

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    I used to have a Buzz Electronics units, for switching pedals, amp channel and amp reverb, lovely bit of kit and Simon was fantastic to deal with.
  • GuitarnutGuitarnut Frets: 31
    I have the Gig Rig G2 now but used a Musicom Lab EFX for years. I needed more presets without changing bank hence the change. I'd still recommend the Musicom if you don't need the extra features of the G2.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    Bidley said:
    I used to have a Buzz Electronics units, for switching pedals, amp channel and amp reverb, lovely bit of kit and Simon was fantastic to deal with.
    Is it an all analogue unit and do you know what mA it draws? 
  • dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 91
    edited July 2014
    RJM mini FX gizmo with small midi pedal can carry a small footprint. I ran a Musicomlab for a while and it was OK. The best sounding looping unit by a country mile that I have owned is the Providence. The Free The Tone unit is outstanding. All just my opimion of course.
  • stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 40
    +1 for the Moen GEC9, I have been using one for ages and works great. I'm using 8 loops at the mo and also switching channels on my Bogner and engaging the boost on the Bogner too.  It's also pretty cheap in comparison to some of the others! Also worth checking out the One Control Crocodile Tail Loop (bit more money though!
    http://www.one-control.com/crocodile-tail-loop.html
    Looks similar to the Moen but with MIDI too...

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited July 2014
    Try Matt at http://www.disasterareaamps.com. Very happy with my DMC-6 and favourite switch
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    cheers guys for all your thoughts on this...

So.....where do i get one of the Joyo PXL Live units from? can't find them anywhere except for importing...
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    If you need midi, I've just put my dpc-5 on the classifieds
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    I imported my PXL Pro with no issue. Arrived in 4 days.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    G Lab GSC-3 is another one that looks good if you need higher levels of programability, more dough than the Joyo or Moen but a chunk less than the Gig Rig stuff. The Joyo looks the best budget option to me. The Moen also looks good but you have to bear in mind that for each relay switch you use, you lose one of the nine loops. The Joyo has dedicated relay outputs but only four patches to a bank versus the Moen's five. Both appear to be decent bits of kit though!