New band song - heavy power ballad alert!

guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
edited July 2014 in Making Music
Hey guys,

This is the second single from my band Ivito.  It is essentially a modern heavy power ballad, because no band is complete without a power ballad in their setlist!

Hope you enjoy it.

Or download for free via soundcloud.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10691
    Very nice. Love the singing and backing vocals and also the drumming. I mean obviously I loved the guitar playing too - could have done with more solo in fact, it was so fleeting, but that perfectly in-tune singing and accurate, diverse drumming always gets me. Nice one.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    Cheers @viz

I'm still very much finding my niche with regards to how much soloing to do in this band.  When we started it I didn't want to take any solos, but the other guys have convinced me to take some.  I'm very picky about solos and I feel like if I can't write something good I shouldn't do one at all, so subsequently I've got plenty of short solos.  Guess I need to get better!
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Well I don't mean better necessarily, I'm just a sucker for a good long solo! (Unless it's at the end of anything with a title beginning with Layl)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited July 2014
    Well I'll see what I can do in the future then!

I feel a bit silly but I hadn't actually enabled downloads on soundcloud when I thought I had.  I've sorted it out now so anyone who wants the mp3 of this can get it from our soundcloud page.  I have no idea how to stop the soundcloud player turning up on this forum, I'm trying just to do a standard link!  There should still be a download button now regardless.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Just catching up on some of the Making Music stuff. Probably not entirely my cup of tea normally but that's so tight, the vocals are really strong,it's got a catchy hook. Wow! Liking the solo and the counter melody stuff toward the end. Wow! :-O
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Thanks for listening and for the kind comments @EricTheWeary