Kenn Gordon guitars - anyone know anything?

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
UK (Lincs) based luthier who's been building stuff since the early 80s apparently.

Anyone know of him, or his stuff?
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I regret I know nothing, despite having lived in Lincs for much of my life - he would seem to keep a low profile...
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    edited July 2014
    His website has me convinced

Indeed, they lack a certain something! Hence me asking here whether anyone knew anything. 

There's always someone here who knows something ...
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited July 2014
    He had a guitar on eBay recently, asked £1500, said retail was £3K. eBay item number:261325573114

Same seller has a Kawai up (261548711753) so you know the type... :)  Is that how you found him? His number is there, give him a call!

His number is there, give him a call!
    I'm already talking to him via email - just wondered whether anyone here knew of him, or his work.

And yes, it was the Kawai that caught my attention.  I'll be editing my entry in the "I'm off the gas train" thread shortly ...

;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    edited July 2014
    I can't access the link from my phone bit if it says he's based near Alford I've seen some refret work of his and its was a good job at a good price.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    GuitarMonkey;308512" said:

I like his style. No info overload and all that.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    edited July 2014
    Oh Kenn!

Nope. Never heard of him.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    In (email/Facebook) conversation when I've asked about S/H prices in the past, they always seem rather, Err...ambitious?

Or maybe I'm just a cheapass...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

In (email/Facebook) conversation when I've asked about S/H prices in the past, they always seem rather, Err...ambitious?
    The Kawai that he's selling at the moment certainly seems "optimistically" priced, but I've a fair idea of what he paid for it, and he probably overpaid just a little, so he's trying to turn a bit of a profit.  Not sure he will, but you never know with evilBay ...
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I have owned a Gordon,a DC1 and have to say, it was one of the nicest guitars (playing and tone wise) I have owned, He definately has skill as a luthier, BUT... He does not understand pricing, dont get me wrong his guitars are great and clearly are as good as a gibson etc, however when I bought mine he was saying how it was the only one he made so it would go up in value..... no m8 not on a custom! they will always lose money unless your name is Deamoness.
    But it is one of my regrets selling it, if you find one at a realistic price, snap it up you wont get a better work horse.

I
  • I am Kenn Gordon Bmu(Edn) and I currently live in Boston Lincolnshire. I have been making guitars and other musical instruments since 1968 Originally for myself and then for friends. I am semi retired and only make a few guitars a year less then 10. Some are made just to see what I can achieve with limitations others are just because I want to keep busy (When my health allows) I never really put my name on a guitar just my logo. I am quite happy to lie in the boutique end of the market. I rarely make bolt on necks as there have always been lots of builders out there doing that or some just simply Assembling them (not bitching at them just not my thing) I prefer to make instruments with set necks and Most of my solid bodied Guitars have my tell-tale German Carving around the top leading edge. For the greater part my necks are 3 piece maple though some of my less expensive models are one piece Mahogany. I prefer to use Ebony fingerboards (again with the exception of my lower end models which are either Indian Rosewood or Maple) any one wants to contact me can do so at kenn.gordon@yahoo.com or call 01205359207 Happy to send pics or vids of my guitars
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Welcome aboard Kenn!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 543
    Kenn's a crackin' bloke - glad to see you've joined the forum @salach_or!

I've seen many a Gordon guitar on FB (unfortunately not had the pleasure of seeing one in the flesh yet), and they always look absolutely outstanding.
    Only the finest materials used, and the build quality is flawless from what I've heard!
    (I know a couple of blokes who have owned Gordons)

Traded a Heritage with Kenn a while back, got a Taylor Solidbody Custom in exchange.
    Great person to deal with... would be happy to vouch for him in that respect.

Anyway Kenn, I hope you're well... would be interested to see if you still have that Heritage?
    Was a lovely guitar that!
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • grungebob said:
    I can't access the link from my phone bit if it says he's based near Alford I've seen some refret work of his and its was a good job at a good price.

That might be John Le Voi you are on about, I have been into his workshop, nice chap
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    @salach_or
    Would love to see pics of your guitars you have for sale
  • salach_orsalach_or Frets: 15
    Not sure how to load pictures here
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9577
    Iamnobody said:
    Oh Kenn!

Nope. Never heard of him.
    D'ye ken Kenn?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    If memory serves right he has built some lovely guitars many years ago and then had them back and updated/re-styled them very nicely
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)