A new amp

therose789therose789 Frets: 467
edited July 2014 in Bass
For a long time now i have been reet happy with my gear. 

I have an orange AD200MK3 and matching 4x10.

I run a couple of pedals (tone hammer/T21 sans amp/octave/fuzz etc...) and use the DI out on the tone hammer so i guess the amp is just a really expensive monitor! 

What are peoples recommendations for something that is going to give me a nice low end for rehearsals and on stage but isn't huge. Maybe something that has a good quality Direct out? Would still be happy with a 4x10 but maybe something lighter! 

I have been eyeing up some ampeg portaflexes, has anyone played through these?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited August 2014
    I think the Portaflexes are good for rock but wasn't impressed with them for funk or soul, but then I like more of a hi-fi, Trace Elliot sound.
    My compromise and suggestion based on weight, versatility and choice of tones and bass models/amps is the Roland Cube XL120 and it has fx and a DI out. I can't remember if it's got an extension cab out
  • RamirezRamirez Frets: 11
    If you like the AD200B then an Orange Bass Terror would be the obvious candidate - same preamp as the AD200B, allegededly, but small, lightweight, loud, can drive two cabs, effects loop and has a DI output on XLR.

I love mine.
    Not the model boy of the village
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I have a mark bass Jeff Berlin for sale it's small and light but loud as hell