New flavour Baja

What's Hot
DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
60s style with rosewood board. Sonic blue, CAR or sunburst. Pickups are interesting. US 52 in the neck, US 58 in the bridge. These are gonna fly out the door: http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=14072910582632
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    Oh bollox. Why did they have to go and do that?
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Oh dear. The GAS list expands again...
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    That blue one is a peach, it's a lovely colour, but it's the pickups that are the real selling point for me. What an ace combination.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    Yup. Sonic Blue FTW!
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    Take one of the best necks Fender makes (affordably, at least) and ruin it by slimming it down. Harrumph.

</curmudgeon>
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Fabulous. I'm on the lookout for a tele and just been paid! Hmmm. Had a baja before and they are superb for the money,

When is the release date?
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
    I cannot believe they have done this, the guitar I have wanted them to make for so long, a week after I bought my new Strat. I would have bought this in a heartbeat.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26920
    That's lush, finally!

Next they'll do a rosewood-board Cabronita. I'm calling it now.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Took them too long, and they still didn't do a bound version!
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    Nice. i also asked for this years ago. Hope the neck isn't too slimmed down. How do the pickups differ to the earlier model? Lower output? More/less bass etc?
  • a good unit
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Bad gas averted due to guitar guitar requiring way to many password and verifications for my two credit cards. Epic fail call your card provider to reset your secure passwords. Good news in the long term probably didn't need that guitar and should save for what I really want...
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    No idea what those pickups are like. But assuming this is a slimmer neck then I'd have totally bought this over the regular Baja I had. A lovely instrument but I never bonded with the neck. Must again remind myself that I don't get on with teles long term...
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    What makes this a Baja if half of the specs are different? Alder instead of ash, a thinner neck, different pickups. The only thing that's the same is the switching.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    They've ruined the neck profile! I'd love a rosewood board neck with the original Baja's fat back profile.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    What makes this a Baja if half of the specs are different? Alder instead of ash, a thinner neck, different pickups. The only thing that's the same is the switching.
    I guess it addresses a few of the things some people wanted changed on the Baja, and by calling it a Baja 60's model it announces it as a revision of the Baja design. I really like the finish, in fact the whole guitar looks the part, but having never played a baja i'd want to try them side by side...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Wow wow wow. Another example that fender make the nicest guitars in the world. :)

Fooking want one now!!!!!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17583
    tFB Trader
    That looks fantastic though I always associate what's special and unique about the Baja with the fat V neck profile.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Classic Player series always had 50s and 60s models, but only in Stratocaster offer. It was always 50s maple board V-shaped eck neck and 60s rosewood more modern one. Looks like Fender give their fans what they always wanted.

Hmm..wanted to get American special as I miss my tele dearly (which was butterscotch blonde Baja actually) but now I'm seriously tempted by these.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616

Fender you TWATS !!!!

I want the Candy Red one so badly.

You couldn't have warned everyone about a year ago you were going to do this?

No. That would have been far too easy wouldn't it.

You have to wait until now when all my money is spoken for, i'm halfway(ish) through a massive pedalboard build which will take another 12 months to complete, i'm trying to buy a big amp before Christmas and i'm taking the plunge for a Feline Lion next year !

Now I know what FMIC stands for !