Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm out with my covers band, Grin and Bear It, tonight at the Old Market Tavern in Altrincham. 

Not convinced that there'll be a huge turn out on a Sunday but we're still going to give it all we've got. We'll be on from 8:30 until we kick off the stage if anyone is around and fancies rocking up their Sunday evening!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8692
    Urban Legends are in Loughborough tonight, at the Unicorn in the town centre
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • First gig tonight with my new band "The Breaks" at the Cwrt Rawlin Pub Caerphilly. First gig in about 3 years and a little nervous!
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    I was, then I wasn't, and now I am again (somewhere else). 

I'm sure Sarfend seafront is lovely at this time of year...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Saturday night in Bedworth. Gigging three weekends in a row is basically a world tour for me.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RedRabbit said:
    I'm out with my covers band, Grin and Bear It, tonight at the Old Market Tavern in Altrincham. 

Not convinced that there'll be a huge turn out on a Sunday but we're still going to give it all we've got. We'll be on from 8:30 until we kick off the stage if anyone is around and fancies rocking up their Sunday evening!
    @RedRabbit  ; I love playing the Old Market Tavern. Plenty of space and a decent PA as well. Decently knowledgable crowd as well. Often you can throw in a reasonably obscure cover and someone will come up and tell you they "haven't heard that for years".
  • RedRabbit said:
    I'm out with my covers band, Grin and Bear It, tonight at the Old Market Tavern in Altrincham. 

@RedRabbit  ; I love playing the Old Market Tavern. Plenty of space and a decent PA as well. Decently knowledgable crowd as well. Often you can throw in a reasonably obscure cover and someone will come up and tell you they "haven't heard that for years".
    It was a decent night.  Not a huge crowd by any means (maybe 30 at it's peak) but we're hopeful that we did enough to get asked back for a Friday or Saturday gig.  Definitely a more knowledgeable crowd than we've had before but it's our other guitarist's local so he was able to give us a steer on the set list.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Fez said:
    Borrowed Time are on the Bandstand in Horsham town centre (the Carfax) next Sunday. Nearest thing to a Christmas gig. An outside gig in November! Who thought that was a good idea? 1pm to 3 pm on the 27th. 
    Actually we had a great afternoon and at least it stayed dry. Surprisingly quite a lot of people watched us and danced. There's pics on here www.facebook.com/borrowedtime01/ and Mctoot shows up.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Only one this weekend but it's going to be fun -   new band - Dragon, (at the Sportsman in Hull) playing full on 80's rock so I'll be happy with tons of  tappity tappity and widdly widdly.
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited December 2016
    Jazz duo Rootbeat tonight in Cambridge. No overdrive pedal - eek!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Railway Tavern, Elmswell, Suffolk.  Band of mates of variable musical proficiency but intend to have sine fun who just gig 3 or 4 times a year, practice this afternoon gig tonight. The Sea Snakes 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    Gah! Two in a row, which would be OK except that tonight is at The Cart and Horses in Stratford which means we go on at 11:00-ish, don't get finished and packed up until 3:00-AM ish and if I'm really lucky it's still dark when I get home...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    edited December 2016
    As I'm now hanging around: the white Horse, Derby,  in about 30 minutes...
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Got a private Xmas party to do for 50 primary school teachers tonight. They'll all be in fancy dress and apparently "it usually gets messy". Should be a laugh!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I'm at O'Rileys in Hull tonight playing some 80's rock with Dragon.      Nearly 600 sold so it should be a fun night
  • Subside in Digbeth on Sunday. We have a support act, two of whom have previously been deps in our band so in theory we could form one massive supergroup. 
  • Playing a short 6 song gig at a benefit show at The Mansion in Kingston Ontario, Canada.  First time on stage in about 10 years for me, this time it's a sort of electric folk outfit doing original songs.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    The king's ransom in Sale tonight. 

We (lowrise) are on at 6pm. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/301577713547495/
  • Last gig of the year tonight with Stanley Dee (A Tribute to Steely Dan) at the Horns, Watford. We'll be navigating our way through the vast catalogue of Becker and Fagen Christmas hits!!
  • Supermoon plus guest at the Victoria Vaults in York tonight. 8pm support.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/6mQtTZY10aF8RrnTAQMWcz