Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    But last minute but Grin and Bear It are playing at The Blossoms in Stockport tonight. £5 entry going to a good cause (though the details escape me at the minute). We're playing between 8 and 10 and will be followed by Dirty Jesus. 

Promises to a great night if anyone's in the area. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Cairo East (Madness tribute with stuff thrown in by The Specials, The Beat, Selector and Bad Manners).

Saturday 28th January
    The Windsor Castle
    Carshalton
    Surrey
    SM5 3PT

9-11pm (Free entry)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    RedRabbit said:
    But last minute but Grin and Bear It are playing at The Blossoms in Stockport tonight. £5 entry going to a good cause (though the details escape me at the minute). We're playing between 8 and 10 and will be followed by Dirty Jesus. 

Promises to a great night if anyone's in the area. 
    The Blossoms used to be our local, went in a couple of times last year and the new Landlord seems to have really revived the pub. Great to have live music there too.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Not myself but my mate's fabulous AOR, rock ballads band (Leather & Lace) over in Sudbury on the Suffolk/Essex borders.

http://quaysudbury.com/event/leather-lace-rock-anthems-and-power-ballads-show-fri-2017-02-03-1930

Borrowed Time will be at the Hammerdown Battle of the bands semi-final on Saturday at Burgess Hill Football Club Green Elephant stadium. We got through the first heat and were up against youngsters who could be our Grandchildren (we do have Methuselah on second guitar) so it would be a real gas if we got to the final so come along and vote for us if your nearby.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    I'm depping with Aynt Skynyrd at Legends of Rock in Great Yarmouth this evening. 

Were on at 7:30, between The Police and The Sex Pistols. 

R.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Borrowed Time are at the Swan in Brighton Road Crawley tonight. Also the gig made number three in the Crawley Observer 10 things to do this week bonza!
    Don't touch that dial.
    Cairo East - my Madness/Ska tribute band will be playing at the following on Friday 31st March 2017:-

The Nightingale
    52 Carshalton Road
    Sutton
    Surrey
    SM1 4LG

Free entry at this lovely, friendly little pub that also serves nice Thai nosh from 6pm-9pm

We're on from 9pm - 11.30pm

Cheers
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    edited March 2017
    We are back at The Ship in Herne Bay tonight. Could be an emotional one as it's also an open invitation to raise a glass to my Girlfriends Dad who passed away last Sunday. He was our rhythm guitarists Dad too (yup, I live with my best mates little sis') so there is the chance of some tears here and there but should be a good night.
    We do Dr. Feelgood/early Stones type R'n'B.

Johnny Green Blues Band, The Ship, Herne Bay 9pm.

Fez said:
    Borrowed Time are at the Swan in Brighton Road Crawley tonight. Also the gig made number three in the Crawley Observer 10 things to do this week bonza!
    We had a brilliant gig despite the bass player forgetting to take his naproxen for his bad back and screwing up in pretty much every song. If he asked, my wife had some in her handbag. 
    Don't touch that dial.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    edited March 2017
    Pub session tonight. It's a good laugh. Mostly acoustic, with a couple guitars, cajon, bass, fiddle, mandolin. Occasionally there's electric guitar too. Best get going as it starts at 9!
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Went for a chinese with the wife and came across this load of reprobates performing in the upstairs restaurant @bigjon ;) - really excellent jazz, chaps!

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab217/Vizzage/image_zpsiwq9imrn.jpeg
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Borrowed Time played at the Abbot Redhill last night. It was a bit fraught as our rhythm guitarist has ruptured a ligament in his leg so he 's out of the game for about six weeks. I forgot the pole that goes in the sub for the pa top (doh) 3 of us have streaming colds but we didn't do too bad. Also there was a well endowed young lady bouncing around the dancefloor which was enough to cheer any man up or distract him during the chorus of "learn to fly" 
    Don't touch that dial.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Just back from a gig at the Jolly Abbot in Newton Abbot and all did not go to plan. First off the other guitar player forgot his guitar (yeah, what the actual fuck, right?!) so had to go back and get it. Then, just as we're about to go on, the drummer gets a call saying his wife needs to be rushed to hospital, so, understandably, off he goes to be with her. Luckily the drummer's dad steps in to help us out even though he hasn't played live for around 20 years. Despite being completely unfamiliar with almost everything we do he played like a star, got us through the gig and totally saved our bacon.
    It's funny how, of all the gigs we do, it'll be ones like this we'll still be talking about in ten years time.
  • TeacherphilTeacherphil Frets: 128
    Supermoon playing in York. The Black Horse on monkgate. Original indie rock. Free entry. 830pm.
    www.facebook.com/supermoonuk
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Famine or Feast it seems.

Two public engagements this weekend. Cu Da Groove are at Roberts Nightclub Colchester Friday 14th (downstairs) and Oakland Hotel Bar South Woodham Ferrers.

Get the funk out.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    ESBlonde said:

Two public engagements this weekend. Cu Da Groove are at Roberts Nightclub Colchester Friday 14th (downstairs) and Oakland Hotel Bar South Woodham Ferrers.

Get the funk out.
    We have been offered four gigs I think this weekend but with half the band away couldn't do any of them. I guess it's a funny bank holiday for pubs, not warm enough to rely on the heat to sell beer so they need to put something on. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    ESBlonde said:

Get the funk out.
    We have been offered four gigs I think this weekend but with half the band away couldn't do any of them. I guess it's a funny bank holiday for pubs, not warm enough to rely on the heat to sell beer so they need to put something on. 
    Yes, I turned down another gig for the afternoon of 16th with a country rock outfit. Sadley I'm committed to a rehearsal for something else that day. One of our gigs is with a dep second singer already. Like I said Famine or feast, been like this a bit since February and then in May there is just 1 gig!