Vintage semi-acoustic screw on cable?

What's Hot
Hi,

I have just bought a vintage semi-acoustic guitar, the cable attachment is one that I'm not familiar with. Not the standard plug socket but rather some sort of screw attachment.

Is there some sort of adapter that I can get in the UK which will make it possible to attach a standard cable?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• i would take that connector off and have a standard jack socket fitted. keep that one safe though if you ever want to sell the guitar on.
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    i would take that connector off and have a standard jack socket fitted. keep that one safe though if you ever want to sell the guitar on.
    +1 on that
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    How bizarre - the screw thread and central pip make it look like the end of a lightbulb.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    edited August 2014
    I have the other half of one of those. I'd be happy to make you a cable if you want, either a long cable with a plug on the end or a short adaptor cable with a socket.

PM me if you're interested.

I would still probably fit it with a modern jack though, unless there's a *really* good reason to keep it original.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom