Are there enough of us to make a TFB Doom Room style thread?

What's Hot

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Reverend;314697" said:
    I still buy vinyl and tape.
    I am interviewing Matt Pike on Saturday. :)
    I would love to buy tape! I miss that squiggle sound at the very begining of tapes...was it a dolby thing???

I am very envious of your meeting with Matt Pike. Who are you doing it for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5012
    I feel old. I haven't got a clue what any of you are on about. Should I restart my subscription to Smash Hits magazine? Whippersnappers and their beat combos, I can't keep up.
    Agreed. What is this strange language that these guys speaking and why is this continually hogging the top of page one of the Guitar threads? Shouldn't it be in Music or FX (or somewhere else anyway)?   :-O
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • I feel old. I haven't got a clue what any of you are on about. Should I restart my subscription to Smash Hits magazine? Whippersnappers and their beat combos, I can't keep up.
    Agreed. What is this strange language that these guys speaking and why is this continually hogging the top of page one of the Guitar threads? Shouldn't it be in Music or FX (or somewhere else anyway)?   :-O
    I thought this was going to be a computer game thread when I read the title the first time

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
    samzadgan;314894" said:
    [quote="Reverend;314697"]I still buy vinyl and tape.
    I am interviewing Matt Pike on Saturday. :)
    I would love to buy tape! I miss that squiggle sound at the very begining of tapes...was it a dolby thing???

I am very envious of your meeting with Matt Pike. Who are you doing it for? [/quote]
    I write for metal hammer.
    I've met him before, Blood Island Raiders played with them a couple of times.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Reverend...you write for Metal Hamme??? wow man...that is very sweet! Hope you had a good interview with him. Did you see their gig in London too?

Also...in doom gear...Black Arts is doing a special limited run of the Ritual pedal for only $119...which is about £70 of our money...direct from him...i'm very tempted to buy one and holding down all the urges!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156

A most excellent thread, duly bookmarked.

Anyone not familiar should immediately watch "Such Hawks - Such Hounds"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    @samzadgan just buy it ;-)
    @kelvinburn aye, I enjoyed that
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5466
    From back in the day...

ACRIMONY - Heavy Feather:

Acrimony were by far the best stoner band the UK, or Europe for that natter, produced.
    samzadgan said:
    @Reverend...you write for Metal Hamme??? wow man...that is very sweet! Hope you had a good interview with him. Did you see their gig in London too?

It was a short one, just doing a thing with Jon from Conan askin him 10 questions. Matt was fried and didn't want to do anything at first but we got there in the end. they played a killer gig - absolutely pummelling.

Ha! Thats what i would expect from an interview with Matt Pike! I don't think i've any video interviews where he has been straight...the best one is the one he did the Rig Rundown with Jordan Wagner (premier Guitar) f***kin' hilarious! 

@Lew...I would buy it, but i've made a sizeable purchase of another pedal...the timing is just bad for me. But you should get it!
    edited August 2014
    What ya got? Nah I just cracked the piggy bank for a new guitar + the Coven
    got me an EQD palisades...PGS Andy's demo was just too good!

@samzadgan ; how you finding it?  I'm using a Zinky True Grit for my growly OD but PGS Andys demo (as usual) has peaked my interest

PS sorting tickets for Orange Goblin with Saint Vitus supporting in Leeds November 1st if anyone fancies it
    I'll be at the Bristol date. Shouldn't OG be the support to Saint Vitus, though!
    samzadgan;317102" said:
    got me an EQD palisades...PGS Andy's demo was just too good!
    Excellent! It looks... extensive ;-)
    @Lew ; That is the exact thought of my mates and I (and I'm sure OG too)
    @kelvinburn haven't got it yet...just done the deal and it could take about 2 weeks to get here, its coming from the states. 

I thought it was Saint Vitus supported by OG...maybe i read the OG Facebook updates incorrectly, and I just assumed that!
    OG sell a lot more records than Vitus, and in the UK they sell a lot more tickets.
    Europe-wide the tour is billed as Vitus with Goblin supporting but the truth is, Vitus need them to help sell tickets.