Recording booth in the shed...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Could you not run it into sound card and then a computer in the shed and then access that via wifi/network? More computer jiggery pokery, but less cable pokery jiggery. Personally, I hate cables so would that's what I'd want to do. But then, I'd just use a pod so don't listen to me ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26570
    Could you not run it into sound card and then a computer in the shed and then access that via wifi/network? More computer jiggery pokery, but less cable pokery jiggery. Personally, I hate cables so would that's what I'd want to do. But then, I'd just use a pod so don't listen to me ....
    The latency of that would be horrendous! Don't forget the problem of running the amp upstairs but the speaker in the shed, too ;)
    <space for hire>
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631

If you do all this, I would advise a monitor speaker local to the amp which you can switch in/jack in/out to set levels and basic tone?

Re a WI-fi solution? Guitar amps today are, or should be pretty RF proofed but close mobile phone will still get into most of them. Don't know about WF but you can do without "chitter" on the recordings!

Dave.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26570
    edited August 2014
    ecc83 said:

If you do all this, I would advise a monitor speaker local to the amp which you can switch in/jack in/out to set levels and basic tone?

I was thinking about this, and it strikes me that a really neat solution would be a Raspberry Pi-controlled motor setup and webcam so I can set multiple mic positions remotely, save various setups etc. That might get filed under "future projects", mind :)
    <space for hire>
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    ecc83 said:

I was thinking about this, and it strikes me that a really neat solution would be a Raspberry Pi-controlled motor setup and webcam so I can set multiple mic positions remotely, save various setups etc. That might get filed under "future projects", mind :)
    that is the best thing ive ever heard!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • robkayrobkay Frets: 11
    edited August 2014
    Edit
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631

Re remote controlled mics: I chatted to a guy about this about a year ago.

Got pretty tekky! But then we realized that you could probably just have a mic on the cone centre and one on the edge and pan?

Then, you could get REALLY silly and go Duggy Adams and have the amps on another planet!

Dave.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love this thread and i wanna see pics of the garage, rabbit, amp madness please!
    How very rock and roll
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17602
    tFB Trader
    If you are running balanced cables and you have power in the shed then just put a decent A/D converter in the shed and run AES3 up the cables into your DAW.
  • If you are running balanced cables and you have power in the shed then just put a decent A/D converter in the shed and run AES3 up the cables into your DAW.
    That's a feckin' brilliant idea - my Eleven Rack has AES in/out too.
    <space for hire>
  • Just shove mics in front of cabs, crank it up and tell anyone who complains to fuck right off...
  • ecc83 said:

Then, you could get REALLY silly and go Duggy Adams and have the amps on another planet!

Dave.

It occurs to me that entanglement might present a solution here :D
    <space for hire>