SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Analogman King Of Tone, Strymon El Capistan, Strymon Flint

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    I can only vouch for why I do it. So here goes. I always feel I end up selling things a fair way under their actual value on the forum.  There are usually several big reductions, as I would rather get rid of things quickly once I know they are no longer needed. Holding out for the best price is not necessarily important to me, rather the quick turn over of gear to fuel GAS. :)

So I don't feel the buyer necessarily needs to be bound to my pricing strategies for any future sale, which they would surely be (forever more) if it is left on the ad for all to see.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    ^ Wisdom ^

I've only started leaving my prices because people have mentioned that they'd like them to be left. I realise not everyone spends (wastes) as much time as me looking at pedals etc, but the general going rate isn't too difficult to find. Most sellers know roughly what they'd like to get, what will shift it quickly and what's too high. "Worth" only really relates to the specific seller and the specific buyer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Flint now sold.
    Red ones are better. 
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    Swap the el capiston for a boss dd20 plus a tap tempo pedal and cash?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited August 2014
    Like most markets, value of houses or items such as these get their value from a similar item sold recently. So if one sold a pedal for under the current known value the next buyer would expect the same or lower. It will become a downward spiral.

So I wouldn't advertise what I sold an item for either.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I always leave my sales threads as evidence to help later buyers/sellers. People are smart enough to apply context. Not seen many 50p Les Paul's so ....;-)
    Red ones are better. 
    Hi JTaylor, sorry no not looking at trades, cheers.

Tim
    Red ones are better. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited August 2014
    I do too but I wouldn't announce what I actually sold it for as a sign off :)

Just realised I'm contributing to dis railing this thread maybe. Sorry
    TimmyO;314864" said:
    I always leave my sales threads as evidence to help later buyers/sellers. People are smart enough to apply context. Not seen many 50p Les Paul's so ....;-)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • PM'd
    Hi VsPedals - I've sent you the overseas shipping quote for the KOT - not cheap but fully insured - let me know if you're in? 

Flint will ship out tomorrow.

El Cap - I'm amazed this is the one that's left, thought it would fly

Tim
    Red ones are better. 
    Our Greek chum has gone quiet - shipping to Athens was pretty pricey though.

Analogman King Of Tone is boxed and ready to go out - £250 inc insured delivery

Strymon El Capistan boxed and ready to go out - £175 inc insured delivery

Discount if collected from work during daytime (Soho, W1) 
    Red ones are better.