LAP STEEL

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
Here is a Lap Steel I made a few years ago. The guitar is made from Cedrela (Spanish Cedar) for the neck and body, made up of a two piece ¼ sawn through neck plus body wings. The cap is Flame Maple, a rosewood fingerboard with MOP makers. The body and neck has cream bandings. 
Pick ups are Mississipps Queens (humbucker size P90) by Bare Knuckle. The scale length is 25” with 22 frets.
Sperzel locking machineheads, a TonePro Tune-o-matic bridge, with a Goto aluminium  tailpiece. The pots used are CTS premium audio taper with an orange drop capacitor. The 3 way toggle switch and ¼” jack socket are by Switchcraft. The finish is clear Polyester.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Absolutely stunning, great job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Very nice!  You must send it to me for a closer inspection? 
  • Mine is much more basic with a single Catswhiskers P90. tuned to C6 what tuning are you using on that?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    That is a beauty, but Taff your's is just as good, just different, that's all. I'd happily give my right hand for either. ;)
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader

I don’t take limbs for payment but I do take money.

I’ve stopped making Lap Steels now so I have a few demonstrators left that I’ll be selling off soon at very low prices.

This Lap Steel is tune to C6 (strung light 8-32) although I also have one that’s strung 12—56 and tuned to open G, I’ll post some photos of this one soon.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• BasherBasher Frets: 1204
    Beautiful!
    Would love a lap steel.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    I can verify that it plays as nice as it looks