JAZZ BASS

GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2347
in Bass tFB Trader
This is a Jazz Bass Custom I built some time ago. It had to sound and look vintage but with lots of modern sounds as well. I used Red Alder for the body finished with polyester. The rock maple neck has a AC lacquer finish with a rosewood fretboard. The rosewood board has pale cream binding block MOP inlays with Jim Dunlop 6100 frets. The tunes are Schaller Vintage with large back plate. The bridge is a Gotoh contemporary (GEB201C) its not vintage looking but they sound good has 19mm string pitch and fits under the bridge cover.  Pickups are Seymour Duncan Jazz ¼ pounders. Again not vintage but back the volume off a bit on the bass and you have a near vintage sound, up the volume and you have vintage pickups on steroids. The onboard EQ system is made by East UK. J-RETRO 01. The high quality circuit uses three stacked pots active blend, three band EQ bass, treble, and variable frequency mid.  One switch gives passive equal mix of both pickups the second full passive if the battery dies. I do use other EQ circuits but the East for me is the BEST!  (http://www.east-uk.com). I should quantify BEST by saying they are 100% reliable providing virtually unlimited tones. I could go on and on about East EQ but I leave it there just read the reviews. The bridge and pickup covers come from All Parts, the pick guard from WD. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    nice work, I'm wearing out the WOW button on your stuff

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice work. I like that a lot. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Lovely !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    What a beauty! Have a wow on me. 

The only thing I'd have done differently would be to have used cellulose paint. Having used it last time I'm never going back to anything else.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    I love that look, very nice.

• Off-white with a tortie guard is the best colour for a Jazz imo. Neck binding makes it look classier. Very nice.
  • I've somehow missed this along the way!   Lovely bass - well worth a WOW!

Andy
  • That is just lovely!