@viz takes it away at tonight's jam (video)

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10682
    edited October 2013
    And where's @photek these days? And can @monquixote get an evening off i wonder?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    viz said:
    Who's going to the cambridge rock jam tmoz? @musophilr? @esblonde? @bigjon? Mike L you're there right?
    Unlikely this week, nursing my mother after a minor operation but she is old so needs someone about. It is on my social agenda to attend a sunday session again soon.

Oh sorry about that - hope all goes well and would be nice to meet you on a sunday one indeed.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    edited October 2013
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I never go to jam nights. There's always somebody who sounds so natural up there and makes my stilted blatherings sound totally amateurish.

(that's supposed to be a compliment - very nice playing, sir)

I vastly prefer knowing what I'm supposed to be playing beforehand ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think I did quite a lot of stilted blatherings just before and after that clip - BJ is a very forgiving editor!
  • viz said:
    I think I did quite a lot of stilted blatherings just before and after that clip - BJ is a very forgiving editor!
    Mate, my jamming expertise amounts to noodling around until I can just time it right to fit in one of my three licks.

I usually time it wrong ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    And where's @photek these days? And can @monquixote get an evening off i wonder?
    Got a dep gig tomorrow night. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    Who's going to the cambridge rock jam tmoz? @musophilr? @esblonde? @bigjon? Mike L you're there right?
    I'm in, and probably bringing the goodness of Ibanez, I'll try to get hold of Photek and bring him along too.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    mike_l said:
    viz said:
    I'm in, and probably bringing the goodness of Ibanez, I'll try to get hold of Photek and bring him along too.
    I'll be there. Planning on breaking out the country licks tonight . . .
    bigjon said:

I'll be bringing some off key whammytastic licks. So no change to normal.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    bigjon said:

If we end up sharing a stage shall we have a crack at Comfortably Numb?
    edited October 2013
    bigjon said:
    mike_l said:
    bigjon said:

If we end up sharing a stage shall we have a crack at Comfortably Numb?

I'm comfortable with the rhythm side of things but not so confident with the leads, so if you do the leads then yes. How about AC/DC's "The Jack"  too, it's a fairly strightforward blues in E.

Intro is B/A/B/A/B/A, then into a E 12 bar.

Also, did you want me to bring the delay pedals?

I'm comfortable with the rhythm side of things but not so confident with the leads, so if you do the leads then yes. How about AC/DC's "The Jack"  too, it's a fairly strightforward blues in E.

Intro is B/A/B/A/B/A, then into a E 12 bar.

Also, did you want me to bring the delay pedals?

Sorry, got no spare capacity for learning new stuff other than tonight's mystery song, so the 3rd one will probably be 'Hey Joe'. The mystery song has just been guessed, it's 'Copperhead Road' by Steve Earle

Damnation I would have liked to have had a go at comfortably numb - next time, looking forward to hearing it fellas!
    viz said:
    Damnation I would have liked to have had a go at comfortably numb - next time, looking forward to hearing it fellas!

If you want to do CN with BigJon I'll happily stand aside for you.

No it's ok thanks I'd enjoy watching it (plus there's NO WAY bj would give up the solo, correct me if I'm wrong, mr @bigjon! ;)
    viz said:
    No it's ok thanks I'd enjoy watching it (plus there's NO WAY bj would give up the solo, correct me if I'm wrong, mr @bigjon! ;)

If anything there should be more guitar solos on everything. I can see room for 23 guitar solos on CN. :-O

No delay pedal needed tonight thanks. My approach to CN soloing is first solo note-for-note by whoever, I kick off the second solo, hand over to the other guitarist and then take over again for the grand ending :-)
    ESBlonde said: 
    Unlikely this week, nursing a major hangover

Gosh.....
    Hope MumESBlonde is better soon.
    Have let Photek know about tonight, waiting to hear back