What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    John Wick.

Really rather surprising! Really rather good too!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • watched the woman in black on film 4.enjoyed it tbh,reminded me a bit of a cross between the haunting (original b & w film) and sleepy hollow for some reason.

also watched amityville 2 the possession on youtube to see if it was as good as i remembered it as a child. it wasn't tbh but still ok.

am watching rush atm on film 4 (alas no sign of geddy/alex or neil yet 
    :(
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    Maggie.

Arnie tends to his daughter while she slowly turns into a zombie.

Surprisingly touching.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    American Sniper. Liked it.

Chappie. District 9 meets Robocop. Ok-ish.

Tomorrowland. Overlong, incomprehensible nonsense.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Legend, same old story about the Krays but bloody funny to boot well worth a trip to the cinema to see.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.

• The documentary on Aaron Swartz. A very gifted guy, who, from what I can, tell wanted to change things for the right reasons. I knew of him but never really understood how much of an influence he had.
    The only thing I could think of at the end of this is what a bright light we have lost.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401

Half of 'Pay The Ghost'

Nicholas cage doesn't half pick some crap to star in

I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1747
    edited September 2015
    I finally (or rather unfortunately) got around to watch "Terminator: Genesis".
    Oh my...I knew that movie cannot be good but how could they make such a crap. SFX were watchable but that's it really. Same goes for all the movies apart from original T1&T2 so I shouldn't be surprised. Still shame though as with the amount of money the spend on every next movie they should be able to make a decent one - it's only SF action movie ffs!

3/10

First AFCB lost to Stoke, then CFC just manqged to draw with Newcastle, then England rugby then this... t'was NOT a good day.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Sibelius said:
    Nicholas cage doesn't half pick some crap to star in
    I think that's more of a self-fulfilling thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mad Max. It was like watching an insane video game. I enjoyed it.

Keith Richards documentary (on Netflix). Pretty good, not exactly in depth probing journalism, but some interesting stuff & nice guitar playing.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    edited September 2015
    Saw the Keef Documentary, yes good but as above didnt really get into his head, good music and guitar droolery though.

American Ultra - I enjoyed it although it was total Hokum.

Charlie Countryman - really enjoyed it.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"

The Rock

Omg should have left it in the ''was great'' memory bank.

Its fecking unwatchable!

Never Go Back!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    The Rock has always been shit.

I remember back in the day everyone saying "you've got to watch this film,it's brilliant"and just thinking when I'd watched it "that was shit".

I can't imagine the passing of time has improved it.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I like The Rock. it's Michael Bay's best film.

I do realise that's damning with faint praise.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Maggie.

Arnie tends to his daughter while she slowly turns into a zombie.

Surprisingly touching.
    And the bleakest movie ever... even in the opening shots with Arnie driving a car the radio talks about burning crops to maybe halt the spread of a blight caused by the same zombie virus... destroying food crops en-mass to MAYBE stop it... It gets increasingly bleak from then on.

It's an Arnie film so you expect some action to lighten the mood... nope... most of that happens off screen in a way that you'd think was disappointing, but actually worked to keep it bleak and dark.

It's the best film I can never recommend - I'm surprised no one killed themselves in the cinema when I saw it, truly bleak and incredibly moody I was genuinely impressed by the film. But Don't watch it if you're already feeling blue!
    Sibelius said:

The Rock

Its fecking unwatchable!

Never Go Back!!

Did you notice that some of the stunts were done multiple times for "more awesome" ?

The most obvious is the yellow Humvee crashing - you see it three times (for emphasis? I mean I noticed it crash the first time... I was watching the film Michael and those who weren't wont care)... first time the telegraph pole holds strong and the humvee smashes into it, spinning around about 90 degrees, in the second shot the pole has apparently been sawn off the ground at the bottom and the humvee barrels through it with the bottom end of the pole accelerating away in a frankly unrealistic manner, and in the final shot the humvee hits and the pole swings like it's on a hinge at ground level.

In all three shots the transformer at the top explodes in that hollywood way with firework sparkler type sparkles, but the levels of damage to the car and pole are SO in consistent you wonder why he didn't just do one stunt with three cameras for the different angles, but it also shows that even back then, the only thing he cared about was special effects - the movie is just a vehicle for more explosions and action ... the story is secondary - and such was every film Bay made since then...
    Myranda said:
    Sibelius said:

The Rock

Its fecking unwatchable!

Never Go Back!!

Did you notice that some of the stunts were done multiple times for "more awesome" ?

I was too busy having an epileptic fit brought on by the camera technique of shaking it like a rattler, so you cant actually see anything! The car chase where Sean Connery is making his escape is where I turned it off!

@breakstuff I loved it when I first watched it. Weird how some films actually seem dated when others don't

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Just seen The Martian today. It really is rather good. Word to the wise, pee before you watch it. It's two hours and forty five minutes long.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    DrJazzTap said:
    Just seen The Martian today. It really is rather good. Word to the wise, pee before you watch it. It's two hours and forty five minutes long.
    I saw this today as well, it is jolly good... there are some laughs, some not laughs, some OMG moments, but it's a very well written, directed and acted film. It's solid, and well structured plot left even a massive cynic like myself not sitting there thinking "well, I don't like that" or "why would you do that? and not do that?!" ... noticed no plot holes, or glaring mistakes... that's pretty rare.

I give it many thumbs up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTap said:
    Not long enough! I also saw it- simply amazing!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom