What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    chillidoggy;847768" said:
    "Predestination."Thought it was thoroughly engrossing, even if I had no idea what the fuck was going on. I may also mostly be having the odd shuffle over Sarah Snook, who is a ginger.
    One shall 'endeavour' and all that.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Less fireworks to block out tonight but we still watched Pride. I thought I would hate it and it took me a while to warm to it but in the end I was cheering along.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • In lieu of the Walking Dead tonight ( reserved for another evening) we got Ex Machina. It's not exactly cheery is it?
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    In lieu of the Walking Dead tonight ( reserved for another evening) we got Ex Machina. It's not exactly cheery is it?
    No but I did enjoy it. I am miserable anyhoo.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404

Everest : a true story of the ill fated climb in 96 

Not bad 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • In lieu of the Walking Dead tonight ( reserved for another evening) we got Ex Machina. It's not exactly cheery is it?
    Great film though.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    In lieu of the Walking Dead tonight ( reserved for another evening) we got Ex Machina. It's not exactly cheery is it?
    Great film though.
    Yeah I liked it, the shape of things to come maybe
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • am watching prince of darkness atm.

one of my fav john carpenter films (better than halloween). is very underrated imho. 

the transmission you are receiving is not a dream.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Prince of Darkness is underrated, but better than Halloween?  Noooooo!

• Last film watched: Lawrence of Arabia. Absolutely immense. In an era of CGI, seeing all those people riding into battle was stunning. I understood why so many people have hailed it as being influential. As a huge Star Wars fan, I understood why and how David Lean influenced George Lucas so much. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Last film watched: Lawrence of Arabia. Absolutely immense. In an era of CGI, seeing all those people riding into battle was stunning. I understood why so many people have hailed it as being influential. As a huge Star Wars fan, I understood why and how David Lean influenced George Lucas so much. 

Was it on a big screen?  There's nothing quite like it.
  • Interstellar. Well, sort of did other things with it on in the background by the last hour. Very long and whilst there are some bits that probably look great on a big screen there was some right old bollocks in it. Some references to other sci fi - 2001, Hitchhikers - that I think I spotted and a sci fi fan might get more but just not a very good film IMHO.
  • Me again. Hardly watched a film for yonks and now loads. Grand Budapest Hotel. Suprised to find a modern film that reminded me of Michael Bentine's Potty Time, although that may be a very vague link. Anyway, beautifully crafted ( Budapest rather than Potty Time) even if it split the Weary family vote : 50% for engaging and whimsical and 50% for dull.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I finally watched The Inbetweeners 2 last night. I didn't enjoy the first film at all - take them out of the school and their appeal went imo. The second film was great though! Mr Gilbert finally living out all our fantasies by shagging Will's mum. I also enjoyed the relentless piss-taking of the Home Counties posh girl/Trustafarian called Ben travel bores.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited November 2015
    Terminator Genisys. Having read many bad reviews of this film I wasn't expecting much but I had a 99p voucher from Wauki TV and had promised F Jnr a film night. As it turned out we both really enjoyed it. I liked the ways in which it tied in with T1 & T2 and, as for the time travel stuff not making sense, well it is only pretend! It was miles better than Rise of the Machines and, although I enjoyed the Christian Bale one, that was really out on it's own. Fantastic value in HD for 99p and I want the blu ray for Christmas please. ~:>
    Link to my trading feedback
  • Finally went to see Spectre on Friday.

Not that impressed, seems Craig is now 50/50 with good/rubbish bond movies (CR and SF being the good ones IMO).
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    The Martian and Interstellar last week. The Martian was OK, not as good as I'd hoped from reading the book, but worth watching. Some of the story line had to be cut to fit into Hollywood run times. There is also a limit to how much real science you can put into a popular film. Interstellar was better than I expected. Even my wife enjoyed it, although she miss all of the reference to earlier sci fi films.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Had a few long journeys recently so watched quite a few things.

Assembly 7/10

Chinese film set during and after the Chinese civil war. Some very well done (and very brutal) fight scenes. Suspect the rest of the film lost a bit in translation but still really enjoyed it.

Searching For Sugarman 10/10

Astounding. Jut watch it.

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me 7/10

Interesting look at a band that all my favourite bands were inspired by.

Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten 7/10

Not much to say. Good documentary about an interesting guy.

Waynes World 9/10

The product placement scene is probably my favourite film scene ever.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2398
    Antman 5/10
    Scorch trials 3/10

Sunday watching left me yawning
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24257
    Ant Man. 8/10 

Best of the Marvel films so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom