What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    Philly_Q said:

57Deluxe said:
    'PERFUME - Portrait of a Murderer...'

The book is great, I can't remember whether I liked the film or not.

...if there was ever a promo oppo for 'scatch n sniff' insert!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138

57Deluxe said:
    'PERFUME - Portrait of a Murderer...'

WT??  - What warped mind conjured up this utter nonsense. Nicely shot though...
    I really enjoyed it. Unsettling and odd but nicely done.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    The Baader Meinhof Complex. I actually really enjoyed this. Interesting insight into the German 60s/70s terrorist group. A good solid 8/10
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24264
    hungrymark;955095" said:
    Star Wars: TFA - a pleasant saturday afternoon film utterly spoiled by massive plot holes, internal inconsistencies and ridiculous dei ex machina.
    Not to mention that's it's basically a far inferior remake.

• Finally saw Kingsman. Gloriously silly, gratuitously violent and far more enjoyable than it had any right to be. Really enjoyed it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited January 2016
    UnclePsychosis;955209" said:
    Finally saw Kingsman. Gloriously silly, gratuitously violent and far more enjoyable than it had any right to be. Really enjoyed it.
    And they're making a follow up to it :D still the most entertaining film I've seen for many years.
  • Watched Big Hero 6 at the cinema with Miss Monkey and her son today, his first time to a cinema. A really, really good film.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Saw Inside out - The computer animation about little people controlling humans from inside them. Enjoyed it a lot actually. It's mostly about a young girl, but there is a great scene at the table with her plus mum and dad. 
  • underdog;955303" said:
    [quote="UnclePsychosis;955209"]Finally saw Kingsman. Gloriously silly, gratuitously violent and far more enjoyable than it had any right to be. Really enjoyed it.
    And they're making a follow up to it :D still the most entertaining film I've seen for many years.
    [/quote]

I really liked the first one (obviously) but to be honest I'll be amazed if the sequel is anything other than shite. The joke/setup is a good one but nowhere near good enough to sustain two films.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Testament of Youth 

What stood out in this movie is Alicia Vikander's performance. She is in practically every scene and in every scene her torment of despair and suffering and sadness comes through. I didn't really care about all the other characters but what she went through really hits you and you suffer with her in her journey. 

8/10 

Along with Ex Machina, The Danish Girl, her role in Anna Karenina, I think she is going to go very very far in this business and an Oscar won't be far away.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Apologies for lowering the tone, but... The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).

I felt I had to watch it, just to complete the set.  And now I don't need to watch it again.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Philly_Q said:
    Apologies for lowering the tone, but... The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).

I felt I had to watch it, just to complete the set.  And now I don't need to watch it again.
    Worst one of the three, it was very poor. Second one was my favourite.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • underdog;955303" said:
    [quote="UnclePsychosis;955209"]Finally saw Kingsman. Gloriously silly, gratuitously violent and far more enjoyable than it had any right to be. Really enjoyed it.
    [/quote]

I really liked the first one (obviously) but to be honest I'll be amazed if the sequel is anything other than shite. The joke/setup is a good one but nowhere near good enough to sustain two films.

Always intended to be a series from what I read. Surprising then how many characters they killed off. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    Terminator Genisys.

Oh dear!!
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    True Grit - Coen Brothers.

Pretty good. Darker and 'grittier' than the John Wayne version - although that's actually a slightly tougher and less sentimentalised film than its reputation, really - and apparently very close to the book (which I haven't read). Despite the quality of the acting I somehow didn't find the characters very involving, though… not sure why. But still, very well made.

8/10

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    The Revenant.

Worth it for the bear/Dicaprio scene alone.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    The second Hunger Games. What utter shite. a woeful 3/10.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24264
    Terminator Genisys.

Oh dear!!
    It was better than T3 or Salvation!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom