What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    High Rise. Really enjoyed it. 7.7384/10.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24265
    Deadpool.  Great film.  Not many films make my top 10 (actually, it's probably about ten), but for sheer fun and a mixture of action, comedy and superhero stunts, there's nothing to match it.  It was a great mix of battle scenes, laugh out loud jokes and popcorn munching.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Arrival. 6/10

its alright although the twist may not be as clever as it thinks it is. I think it could be trimmed down a bit.  My mate suggested lopping about half an hour off would turn it into an OK film, I wouldn't be as harsh. Not bad though so worth a squiz if you've nothing better to do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspek said:
    High Rise. Really enjoyed it. 7.7384/10.
    @ennspek , now that is a great film.
    @Handsome_Chris Yeah it is. In hindsight I was probably a bit harsh with mark (as if that matters!).
    I was really looking forward to Arrival. Going this week I think, that or Doctor Strange.
    Hope you're well.
  • Hi @ennspek ,I'm very well thank you.

Dr Strange is a good going Marvel romp.  It's got a bit of magic and mystery  with the usual Marvel brand fun. I really enjoyed it. 

Arrival is alright. It surprised me as it gets kinda slow in parts. I managed to deal with that in The Girl On The Train as it was filling in lots of interesting detail, I can't say why I was much less tolerant of it on Arrival as that would involve a spoiler.

Either way you choose you're not going to see a bad film. Have a great one and hopefully see you at The Guitar Show
  • 100 Streets.  Pretty good film featuring four different stories of people who live near to each other and their paths sometimes cross.  
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    What We Do In The Shadows. Vampire mocumentary from one of the guys who did Flight of the Conchords. 

I'd highly recommend it. Very, very funny. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    The Invitation. An American one. We sometimes have to sit at a dinner table with the mother-in-law, or other people we don't feel comfortable with. We whinge and the girlfriend goes ballistic, so we yield to her pressure and go anyway. However, this all might go beyond having to fritter away precious hours of our lives at a place packed with people we don't feel at ease with. Nice suspense for a Friday night, M&M and Toblerone next to you.
    Vintage Toblerone or post '16?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    Ouija Origin of evil.
    Not a bad horror movie amongst those I've seen in the last few years. I'd give it 7/10.
  • Deadman said:
    Ouija Origin of evil.
    Not a bad horror movie amongst those I've seen in the last few years. I'd give it 7/10.

Last 30 mins just ruined the film for me. Possessed entities running around on the ceiling were laughable. Not too bad overall, but it could be bit better if not the ending.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I saw Nocturnal beasts and arrival yesterday. nocturnal beasts was very good, genuinely creepy performance from Aaron Taylor Johnson.

Arrival is okay, good sci fi. a bit overhyped and like Chris said it's not as smart as it thinks it is.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    The Babadook . Probably 6/10. I liked the book illustrations the best. The rest was a bit depressing really.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22742
    Budgie said:
    The Babadook . Probably 6/10. I liked the book illustrations the best. The rest was a bit depressing really.
    I'm still waiting for my copy of the book.  I think it's been nearly two years now.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Anthropoid - About the plot to assassinate the Butcher of Prague in WW2, very enjoyable film....

BFG - A gentle family movie, OK I suppose. Clever FX, but a bit dull.....

10 Cloverfield Lane, 3 people in a Nuclear bunker, prevented from leaving by the  prepper/owner is he a fruitloop?

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Doctor Strange. Quite enjoyed it. Won't change your life but it doesn't let the Marvel side down.
    Benedict was imminently watchable as usual. Some of the humour seemed to fall a bit flat but there were only about 10 people in the screening.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Off work with a bad back yesterday so watched Everest and Concussion

interesting to read the real truth of both of them afterwards
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    The Neon Demon......that third act. The film definitely takes a turn down weird street! I'm going to have to watch it a few more times to form a proper opinion, some cracking visuals but yes it gets bonkers.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24211
    Independence Day Resurgence.

I admit, I loved the original, it was a proper old fashioned B movie and didn't pretend to be anything other than a massive dose of cheese.

The sequel was awful. The simple charm of the original was gone completely.

4 / 10

It only gets that much as the FX were good, and for the one single very silly and enjoyable idea about the alien craft straddling the Altantic.