Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Introducing Smorg ***update***

What's Hot

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    Oooooh! This is starting to get really interesting now... :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very neat.

Bookmarked :)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    A word on pricing:

Smaller board is £49 board only, or £95 for the "package" which is board, 1.8m each of 50mm wide hook and loop genuine Velcro brand, cable tie and cable tie bases, and soft case.

Larger board is £59 board only, or £115 for "package" which is board, 2.4m of hook and loop, ties and bases, and soft case.

Postage £8.99 on top.

Add a 300mm long riser for £13.99 or a 450mm riser for £17.99, no extra postage costs.

Risers can be bought on their own for 4.99 postage on top.

Prices likely to rise by £5-£10 quid per board once on the website so these are fretboard prices.

Cheers
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    The pink paisley ones look ace!

I don't use pedals but if I did I'd be very interested. Congrats on getting this far.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17585
    tFB Trader
    Is there enough room under the riser to fit something like a Hot Stone?
    Is there enough room under the riser to fit something like a Hot Stone?
    Yes just checked the Hot Stone dims and it will fit, just about 1mm clearance (hot stone is 44mm high vs 45mm of the riser) but it will go. The 300mm riser gives 160mm between the "legs" so this also works with the hot stone at around 155mm.
    edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    Have you got a shot of the big board with a big riser on it?

Also would the riser fit on the top of a Pedaltrain 2?

Do you think if you were using a switcher you could put a pedals under the riser?
    Have you got a shot of the big board with a big riser on it?

Also would the riser fit on the top of a Pedaltrain 2?

Do you think if you were using a switcher you could put a pedals under the riser?
    I don't have a picture of the big board with riser. I'm looking at making up a few boards and risers over the next few weeks so I can cover photos of all the various combinations.

The risers are fixed at the bottom with velcro so in theory they would attach to a pedaltrain, however, I wouldn't really recommend it as the the pedaltrain angle at the back combined with another 45mm of the riser, plus pedals on top mean that you will look like Basil Fawlty every time you reach for a back row pedal. I think you either go with angled style board with power supply underneath, or flat board with riser (and power under the riser).

I'll check the pedals under the riser option and come back.

Oh and by the way, if you have something in mind, I can do a custom size and custom riser to meet requirements.
    edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    Interesting. 

My issue is currently that I have a PT2 which I've been happy with for some time, but it's the old version where you can't fit a PSU under it and I'd like to move to using a looper. 

My intention would then be to move to a PT3 which is a bit deaper but the same width however I noticed your boards are the same width. Not sure if 370 would be deep enough though (PT2 is 310 PT3 400 IITC) 
  • Can you do the dremmel mod on the PT2? That is some folks carefully measure and cut some of the metal away to create a big enough space for their PSU - just enough space for the PSU and not so much it hurts the structural integrity.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    edited November 2014
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/stomp-box/99498d1318980502-pedaltrain-mini-has-no-room-power-supply-ptm-trex-jpg That kind of thing ( seems to be a link rather than picture but it's there if you follow it).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Can you do the dremmel mod on the PT2? That is some folks carefully measure and cut some of the metal away to create a big enough space for their PSU - just enough space for the PSU and not so much it hurts the structural integrity.
    Yeah I can, but that will net me space for one extra pedal. 
    If I add a looper I'll need an extra row.
  • Wow these look nice, managed to miss them until now, top work!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    This custom size board and riser is in its way to it's new owner. Probably the last I'll build until the Summer due to normal work commitments.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Anything going on with this again, or you still snowed under? Thinking of shifting my Pedaltrain 2 in favour of a flat board. But I need to see about replacing my PSU first.
  • dindude said:

And finaly for a bit of fun, from the unofficial Smorg Custom Shop, I did manage to finally get near to completing this one today, bar a bit of final finishing.

^ @paisleysoul - this one appears to be made for you :)
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    Anything going on with this again, or you still snowed under? Thinking of shifting my Pedaltrain 2 in favour of a flat board. But I need to see about replacing my PSU first.
    Still making Smorg's when time allows, I could be up for a build if you have a little patience, I'm talking weeks rather than months patience. One of the two standard sizes would also be quicker than a custom size too. PM if you'd like to discuss.

Cheers
    dindude said:

And finaly for a bit of fun, from the unofficial Smorg Custom Shop, I did manage to finally get near to completing this one today, bar a bit of final finishing.

^ @paisleysoul - this one appears to be made for you :)
    Funny you say that, was trying to clear some room in the man cave at the weekend was thinking of putting this one up for sale as its doing nothing at the moment.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    dindude said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Still making Smorg's when time allows, I could be up for a build if you have a little patience, I'm talking weeks rather than months patience. One of the two standard sizes would also be quicker than a custom size too. PM if you'd like to discuss.

Cheers
    Cool, I'll give it some thought matey.