Rustin's Plastic Coating

What's Hot
 I am in the US and am building a Red Special clone for someone else. No vendor I have contacted in the UK or in Australia will ship the stuff over. Does anyone have a source that will ship the stuff?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    Have you checked with Rustins directlyto see if they have any US stockists?

I think you may be out of luck here.     Rustins stinks, even well packaged some of the smell seems to leak out

I have had a couple of recent incidents which make me think shipping chemicals, even within the uk, will soon be near impossible.  

1)At work we use a delivery company to deliver parts and consumables to engineers, this includes a cleaning solution.  A few weeks ago the delivery company made the decision they would no longer touch the cleaning chemicals at all.  We had some discussions about COSHH and suitable packaging and came up with a solution,  but that was 2 big businesses talking to each other.

2) All couriers now have to ask  what the contents of any package are.  I have even had one courier refuse to accept a parcel because i did not want to let them visually inspect the contents I had spent the previously night carefully packaging to survive their processes.

How accurate is your clone going to be?   I am sure there will be a couple of other elements that prove almost impossible to find if you are attempting an exact clone.   Personally I would take the view point that "in the spirit of" is going to have to do for some elements of the build.  for example, Brian may and his dad didn't choose RPC because  its the perfect guitar finish, they chose it because it was a good DIY option they could get locally.

Not helpful i know, but as a UK builder it has always been frustrating how many products recommended for guitars are US only.

Finally, I think we would all love to see your progress on this and how you deal with all the challenges a replica build like this brings :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom