Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    The concern of cork or screw cap suggests some of you cads are opening wine without a sabre. 

The very idea. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The concern of cork or screw cap suggests some of you cads are opening wine without a sabre. 

The very idea. 
    Sod it, I'm going back to boxes

tFB Trader
    JookyChap said:
    If you extract the bag from the box they can be mounted on a drip. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChap said:
    If you extract the bag from the box they can be mounted on a drip. 
    That got you a Wisdom :)

• JookyChap said:
    It's scary the way they change things. And to be fair she was probably worried it was a grenade.
    A spam grenade!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72314
    JookyChap said:
    And Switzerland has one of the lowest number of 'gun crimes' in the world, so maybe the NRA are right.

No it doesn't. In fact it has a high rate:

However, that does include suicides. But even if you look at only homicides, it's still by no means low:

The Swiss don't like to admit to this of course...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    When I have had enough of this shit I will go to Mexico.  It will be easier than jumping in front of the 7:10 Gatwick express and less inconvenient on fellow commuters.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    As they say in Mexico: "You're acting like you've never seen a severed head on the back of a tortoise before"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    JookyChap said:
    And Switzerland has one of the lowest number of 'gun crimes' in the world, so maybe the NRA are right.

No it doesn't. In fact it has a high rate:

However, that does include suicides. But even if you look at only homicides, it's still by no means low:

The Swiss don't like to admit to this of course...
    To be fair most of the suicides are more likely accidents - all those bankers cleaning their semi-automatics, cuckoo pops out of his ornate wooden house and bam - family has more holes than the cheese...

Well known fact *sniff*

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:

And the Swiss Air Force uses the motorways for runways, so they can still operate if the airfields are bombed.

Presumably they don't have gantries with anti-speeding cameras every few 100 metres then? 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    Holy crap - Mexico is one seriously violent place isn't it !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike_l said:

And the Swiss Air Force uses the motorways for runways, so they can still operate if the airfields are bombed.

Presumably they don't have gantries with anti-speeding cameras every few 100 metres then? 

Nope, their motorways are designed to be used as runways, so putting gantries across every 100 metres isn't going to work. And I think they turn the speed cameras off when the Air Force is using the motorways for runways. B-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Switzerland is a land on 'rules' ferinstance you cannot wash your car on a Sunday! they don't need speed cameras because folks are more likely to obay the law there.

• Would the Swiss navy being called into action not be a bit like a scene from Fitzcarraldo?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • All this cork/screw nonsense is negated if you drink champagne. It's the most elegant solution. AND, because it goes flat once open, you have to drink a whole bottle at a time :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940

All this cork/screw nonsense is negated if you drink champagne. It's the most elegant solution. AND, because it goes flat once open, you have to drink a whole bottle at a time :)
    This is a good reason for drunying the fizzy wines
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    What happens if you use that on a champagne bottle? Does the world implode?
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Does that spoon trick with champagne work?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    viz said:
    Does that spoon trick with champagne work?
    Yes :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."