Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cambridge Cartel

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    If I can make it I'll be there, probably not though as having surgery on Wednesday.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    bigjon said:
    I'm planning on going to the Blues Jam at the The Earl of Beaconsfield on Mill Road Cambridge, this Sunday 3rd May. 8pm start, 11.15 finish, and it's a bank holiday next day so some of you might not need to get up early for work the next morning . . .
    great! I'll try to get there too.

you up for it @ESBlonde?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    bigjon said:
    I'm planning on going to the Blues Jam at the The Earl of Beaconsfield on Mill Road Cambridge, this Sunday 3rd May. 8pm start, 11.15 finish, and it's a bank holiday next day so some of you might not need to get up early for work the next morning . . .

you up for it @ESBlonde?
    Hey, no work on the Monday. It would be rude not to.

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    edited April 2015
    Looks like we have enough interest to justify a full summoning of the Cartel for a summit meeting at the Earl of Beaconsfield on Mill Road, Cambridge, 8pm this Sunday 3rd May. Confirmed attendees so far: bj, PaP, and ESB. Possible depending on post-op condition is ml. Let's see who else. . .

@bigjon @mike_l @viz @Phil_aka_Pip @ESBlonde @TTony @Corvus @monquixote @digitalscream @photek @ThePrettyDamned @Fusionista @handsomerik @miquel12 @Alnico @roundthebend @howlinstrat @MattNovak @DesVegas

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I don't have any money to come out and play, sorry guys.
    I'm on monthly salary now and there's way too much month left at the end of the money !

Have a good evening everyone.
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    Family wedding t'other side of M25 is preventing me playing a gig, let alone a jam night :(
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau

I'm out, not allowed to drive for 7 days.

Certainly won't be able to play a guitar (no comments at the back).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's good news Mike.

Hope the recovery goes well. Headphones and Pillows man.

Be well.
    Alnico said:
    That's good news Mike.

Hope the recovery goes well. Headphones and Pillows man.

Be well.
    I take it the "good news" applies to Mike's "out of hossie" statement, not the can't drive or play guitar statements ;)

Anyway, Best Wishes @mike_l have a good rest :)

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Great news MikeL!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

I'm getting concerned that all these great news's are for me not being able to play.......

:))

You Play Good.

We love you long time !

:)
    ESBlonde said:
    bigjon said:

you up for it @ESBlonde?
    Hey, no work on the Monday. It would be rude not to.

Bugger, I have been 'volunteered' to assist in the local May Day fest on Sunday and will be unfit to travel to Cambs in the evening. On a slightly happier note I will not be driving so might possibly consume some ale at the end of the shift. Sorry @Phil_aka_Pip we will have to try again in the near future.

@ESBlonde: PRIORITIES!
    @ESBlonde: PRIORITIES!
    I did say I would be consuming Ale at the end of the day! At least I got that bit right. I used to provide sound for the May day fest until a couple of years ago when I got sick of the council H&S stewards. This will be someone elses problem and I just become a stage hand.

I'm still coming.See yas on Sunday :)
    Have to play on Saturday and travelling the following week so can't AGAIN :( :( :(
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    I'm just unwinding with a whisky after getting home from the Blooze Jam at The Beaky. A nice time was had by all. Saw Jon plus a few other faces from the last time when I went. There were some good lookin wimmins in there too. Organiser Paul said some very nice things about my playing.

That little Laney combo (LC-15 according to Jon) sounds a lot better than a tiny solid state combo ought to.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    It's a tiny valve combo!
    Glad it went well. Who else was there?